Help! Cat Pee Problem!

cinngirl70

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

I've been browsing all of the info here and it's a relief to know that others are going through this.  I'm just hoping for some input.  I have two cats...a male (Max) 6 years old, and Katniss, female, 8-9 months old.  Both cats have had perfect litterbox habits up until now.  They have the run of two stories and the basement where they have 3 litter boxes.  I scoop the boxes almost daily, but there has been a couple days where I did not scoop. 

Anyway, things were fine until now.  We have a spare room with a bed on the first floor.  I was in the room Sunday and Monday and did not notice an odor.  This morning I stepped into the room and the smell was strong.  I moved the bed and found the carpet soaked in cat urine. I can actually see spots where it was concentrated (like a puddle) but I also see lines or streaks of urine on the carpet...as if the cat was peeing in a line somehow?  Does this mean anything?  With the way the carpet is soaked, I don't think its a spraying situation.  I cannot believe how soaked that carpet is after what could only be four days tops of someone peeing...there was definitely no odor in there Sunday or Monday.

I got a gallon of Natures Miracle for cats and treated the carpet and shut the door to that room.  I'm not sure which cat is doing it.  With the way it is soaked, I'm wondering if both cats are.  However, I do think the younger cat is acting a bit strange and it might be her.  I will be calling the vet on Monday.  I'm just wondering what the heck to do next.  The carpet might be a lost cause.  What's with the streaks/lines of urine??  Anyone know?

Thanks!

Cheryl

kittenrescuer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think it COULD be a spraying problem!

I had a kitten once that I caught in the act of spraying. 

But if you do not know what to do, I guess closing the doors would be the best.

Best of luck!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Cheryl, Welcome to TCS! :wavey:

I'm sorry for the delay in response, I see you posted a week ago and I'm just now seeing your thread. Were you able to get in contact with your vet? What did they say?

If the puddle was under the litterbox, perhaps one of the kitties was peeing over the edge of the box?

As for the streaks, perhaps one of the kitties was peeing as they walked, as in leaking urine?