help cat may be having kittens

teddybear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi i have found a stray cat so i brought her in because she was very skinny and shes pg. i have been watching her closly for the last few days. and today shes been realy wantting attenche. so i laid down with her on my bed and when i was rubbing her belly i notces she was leeking something from her vaginal area so i put her in a box with old reseving blankets.. and she has leeked a littl more in the box but she hasnt done anything should i be worried yet or just keep checking on her.. i have her in my room so my kids cant mess with her. ty teddybear

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Has she been seen by a vet? She really does need a vet to look at her, so if anything does go wrong, your vet at least knows the cat you are calling about.

Plus being a stray, she needs to be checked for all known transmitable diseases. The leaking you are seeing if it is not foul smelling, it just means that delivery is close. Put her in a quiet dark room with a nest box or two that she can choose from.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

teddybear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Has she been seen by a vet? She really does need a vet to look at her, so if anything does go wrong, your vet at least knows the cat you are calling about.

Plus being a stray, she needs to be checked for all known transmitable diseases. The leaking you are seeing if it is not foul smelling, it just means that delivery is close. Put her in a quiet dark room with a nest box or two that she can choose from.
NO i havent taken her to see a vet yet was goign to do so tomorrow when hubby got paid.. and i have made two nest boxes up for her one is the bottom dresser drawl thats she clamid as hers lol and a box that has blankets in it and blankets on top to make it dark.. i have only had her since saturday night..

catlover411

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What color was the stuff leaking? Was it green/yellow or red/brown? my cat ahd a yellow/green and she had that about a week ago and the vet said it wasd fine. Both are fine, but the red/brown is closer to brith (said the vet, not me) The green/yellow means it is about a few days to a week away, but all cats are different! Good Luck!

teddybear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
not sure what color it was at first it happend on my dark blue blanket i had on my bed. but what i saw in her nest was a very lite yellowish color with a smal dot of red in it not sure if it was blood or not but it was so small i coudl barley see it.

teddybear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i have anthor Q someone said to feed the mama cat kitten formula to help her gain some weight back since shes skin and bones.. but i was wondering if i could feed her human baby formula???

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No please don't. Cats are not like people and so you should mix up some kitten glop and feed her that.

The recipe is on www.kitten-rescue.com
it is fairly easy to make, and cats and kittens love it- You can also feed her dry kitten chow IAMS would be good

teddybear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ok i all ready have her on iams kitten food. and ill make her some kitten glop for her tonight and see if she will eat that.. she hasnt been eatting much at all today but i guess thats because shes getting ready to have the kittens soon. how soon i dont know.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Could be, some of them eat right up to when the first contraction starts, while others stop eating 24 hrs in advance-

lovelydoll3479

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
click on the name of the person that is in blue and a list appears. it gives you the option there. if the circle next to the name is "lit" then they are on line should you need advice there and then. good luck with the puss cat hope all goes well. we are all here if you need help or just some moral guidance.

teddybear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
no babys yet.. shes been bouncing from the box to the bath room floor in my bath room witch i have a blanket in there for her as well. last night she slept with me and wanted her belly to be rub. but other then that theres not much goign on.. also how can u tell if the cat is haveing contrations or not??

gailail

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well you can usally see the tummy contrating when she near to giving birth

gailail

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
has she gone of food yet ??

also has she produced milk as mine has and i'm a bit puzzled and just wondered if yours has

teddybear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
shes still eating.. and for the milk yes i think she has some.