HELP, CAT JUST GAVE BIRTH AND HAS SOMETHING HANGING OUT OF BUTT

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that's good to hear for the time being anyway!  If she remains alright tonight, I'd let your vet see that pic first thing in the morning.  

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you access any Emergency assistance?  This is NOT good for cat to leave her in this condition

at ALL!  We are all trying to find the more experienced posters on board to advise you but the bottom line

no matter what she needs medical help.  Can you contact a Cat rescue any Emergency animal services?

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I should clarify that i didnt push anything back in.
I'm so glad! After more research I deeply regretted giving you that advice and I'm relieved to hear that you didn't take it.  The best thing for your cat is a vet visit if not tonight, bright and early in the morning.  Please keep us updated.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm so glad! After more research I deeply regretted giving you that advice and I'm relieved to hear that you didn't take it.  The best thing for your cat is a vet visit if not tonight, bright and early in the morning.  Please keep us updated.
I think it would have been good advice if she knew for sure it was a prolapsed rectum.  I'm just concerned it's something else.

Let us know how the vet goes tomorrow!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kellyntx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, she is fine now. Apparently it was another kitten. Glad I didnt push it back inside.

kellyntx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, they are all alive and eating

cindycrna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh thank God! That sure looked liked prolapsed uterus! 

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh thank God! That sure looked liked prolapsed uterus! 
Could it still have been?  I first thought prolapsed vagina but that only happens when there's been a hysterectomy.  Anyway, I'm so glad the little kitten was born!  How many are there now @kellyntx  ?  We'd love to see pics of the little ones and mama!  

kellyntx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are 5. I will take some pictures

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
When I looked closely at the picture of the sac, it is clear that there is an unborn kitten inside. It survived because the amniotic sac was intact. It is rare for this to happen. The water will normally break as the kitten enters the birth canal, so if the kitten stays in the birth canal too long it will be stillborn.

In this case the kitten was born inside the sac and was still umbilically connected to mom, therefore survived until the sac broke.

It would not have gone back in had you tried. Mom at some point opened the sac and cleaned up the live kitten. Hallejulah.

kellyntx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Me too. I was so worried