Help, Cat Is Lifeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbintN2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Help! My cat doesnt wanna move, just lays down, swollen eye, sometimes stops breathing, and i can see her bones from the outside, whats happening?
It's really scaring me because its a newborn baby that just borned 5 days ago, her mom doesnt care about her from the start, never licked her, never gave her milk, there is no vets around me because i live in a small place, there is no milk replacer around that i can buy too :(

Please help

Topherius

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That cat is in dire need of medical attention. Also it sounds as though its undernourished. An emergency formula I made was with some condensed milk (cow milk is not ideal at all but its better than nothing at all) and a tiny dash of clear kayro syrup (its a clear sugary syrup, its only meant as a boost and used very little). Use a medicine syringe to give the milk, hold her 45 degrees on her belly, lightly push the syringe near the back of the mouth lightly and see if she can swallow a bit. IF she perks up she may nurse it. The swollen eye could be anything from conjunctivitis to an injury. The most important is to try and get some nutrients into her right away and seek some sort of medical attention. I dont want to frighten you but you cant candy coat this, please do what you can for her.

ALso if she is very young get her warm and comfortable

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbintN2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A AbintN2

Do you have a can of evaporated milk?

She needs nutrients desperately.

Is this the only kitten the mom had?

Has the kitten nursed mom at all?

The baby sounds like it's dying. Hopefully you can revive it by feeding it drop by drop with an eye dropper or syringe.
No, she had 2, 1 went missing
The mom used to care about her, then suddenly one day she just left her fighting the chickens at my backyard
I dont have a can of evaporated milk

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have chickens...do you have eggs? Mix an egg yolk half-and-half with water, add a tiny, tiny pinch of salt for electrolytes. If you have some goat's milk, even better.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How many days has it been since the mother stopped nursing her? Has she eaten anything at all? Water?

AbintN2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How many days has it been since the mother stopped nursing her? Has she eaten anything at all? Water?
Mother stopped nursing her after 2 days, yes i feed her water most of the time, i tryed to make her pee using paper towel but it doesnt seem to work

Topherius

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mother stopped nursing her after 2 days, yes i feed her water most of the time, i tryed to make her pee using paper towel but it doesnt seem to work
It needs to be a moist cloth or paper towel, but she is probably dehydrated so there wont be an urge there, but you can try (just dont over do it, its a sensitive area) and wait awhile before attempting again. FIrst and foremost is to get any of the suggestions here into her body, the egg yolk idea sounds like a good one. Her body needs nutrients asap.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Plain full fat yoghurt egg yolk some honey and trifle kitchen salt could make emergency food.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If sweteened flavored yoghurt is the only brand so be it use it

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, yogurt. Do you have any yogurt? Tell us what dairy foods you have available.

Can you or someone in your family run to the store for some goat's milk or yogurt?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Begin with making honey and water. Sweet. And smear on her lips and gum. Gives guick energy

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Add a little salt and try to get her to drink - it will be the next step

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Be sure she is warm and cozy. Massage her too. If its very hot at your place some chilling off may be necessary instead

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
After giving this honey water treatment you follow up with goats milk (good) or this or some other emergency formula.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A AbintN2 look above.
Can you get goats milk?

RAW cow milk is less bad than pasteurized cow milk.

AbintN2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, yogurt. Do you have any yogurt? Tell us what dairy foods you have available.

Can you or someone in your family run to the store for some goat's milk or yogurt?
I will buy a yogurt tomorrow, if this cat still lives

Status
Not open for further replies.