help!!! cat illness!!!!

blueberrybeth

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by popobobosan

Thanks again you guys! My kitty is doing a lot better now. He's been on Clavamox for 4 days and he's starting to eat and drink by himself. He doesn't eat too much though (should I keep force feeding him?). I'm worried because when he's healthy, he eats around a cup or more of dry Iams kitten food a day, and now he just nibbles here and there. He still sleeps a lot, and I made stairs going up to my bed and desk, because he still cant jump. Today he started stretching and playing a little bit (i was so happy!!! =D ). He also seems to be constipated - today he tried pooping but only a tiny bunny poo came out; then he went to the other litter box and tried again, but nothing. He also hasn't pooped in 2 or 3 days (his peeing is regular). Is there anything else i should be doing?
It's good he's feeling better - As long as he's showing some improvment, I wouldn't do anything differently than you have been. That pumpkin thing apparently works.

As far as the vet goes, time for another one! There are vets out there that are very callous when it comes to pet care - often these vets are more livestock oriented. My parents have one of those "farm vets" and I think their sick kitty is getting bad treatment. He says "don't worry" when miss Kitty is snotting out bloody/green stuff. I have my concerns.

Anway, don't waste your time on this vet anymore. Find one that actually cares, with an office staff who cares too.

alessandra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Pooh is recovering from a URI thanks to the antibiotics AND all of the helpful advice I received here. Pooh wasn't eating or drinking and someone here suggested giving her chicken with a bit of broth. She liked that. Tuna and the liquid from the tuna can was also suggested and she LOVED that. She drank the liquid like crazy. I gave her tuna packed in water. Heating the wet food also helped.

Hope your baby is feeling better soon ! Definitely dump that idiot vet !

jeremyds

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When we picked up a deathly ill kitten from the local shelter in October, Little Noses basically saved her life. She had an URI and just wasn't eating anything for the first 4 or so days we had here.

On a whim, we decided to give Little Noses a try and it made all the difference in the world. She went from doing nothing to purring and eating in a matter of minutes.