Help! Cat Hating Creeps Next Door Have Sprayed Dangerous Chemical Advice Needed

kommunity kats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hard to do. The basement is finished and I would have to tear down the wall to find the entry points. Doesn't matter how clean you are... these little buggers find their way in anyway....
F.G.D.E. is safe enough that you can put it around the inside of your walls, too. Ants & roaches that otherwise infest catfood LOOSE INTEREST it when there's a moat of F.G.D.E. around it!

WoodstockGirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
F.G.D.E. is safe enough that you can put it around the inside of your walls, too. Ants & roaches that otherwise infest catfood LOOSE INTEREST it when there's a moat of F.G.D.E. around it!
One of the best insect killers there is. You can even sprinkle it around your pets' food dishes and it won't hurt them.

You don't need a moat. Just get a plastic ketchup/mustard bottle (like the kind used for picnics). Just a thin line around the baseboards is enough to kill anything with an exoskeleton. Too much and they won't go near it.

kommunity kats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of the best insect killers there is. You can even sprinkle it around your pets' food dishes and it won't hurt them.

You don't need a moat. Just get a plastic ketchup/mustard bottle (like the kind used for picnics). Just a thin line around the baseboards is enough to kill anything with an exoskeleton. Too much and they won't go near it.
Putting a moat around cat-food bowls was just an example ... showing they'll *ignore* cherished fare if they have to go through D.E. for it ... EVEN when the dishes are OUTSIDE.

Perhaps I should have said that the moat I mentioned went around each of my cat's food bowls ... & consisted of ea. bowl sitting within an upside-down frisbee, with the moats of D.E. between their edges. That way I could move the bowls ... *in* their frisbees w/ DE surrounding ... without disturbing the D.E. ....

I was using that as an example of how effective the use of D.E. is. Sorry that I was unclear! ... (I no longer leave food in their bowls for any length of time due to the likelihood of it also attracting: other cats, possum, raccoon, coyotee, etc.)

Last edited:

WoodstockGirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Putting a moat around cat-food bowls was just an example ... showing they'll *ignore* cherished fare if they have to go through D.E. for it....

Perhaps I should have said that the moat I mentioned go around each of my cat's food bowls ... & consists of ea. bowl sitting within an upside-down frisbee, with the moats of D.E. between their edges. That way I can move the bowls ... *in* their frisbees w/ DE surrounding ... without disturbing the D.E. .... I was using that as an example of how effective the use of D.E. is. Sorry that I was unclear!
I had a mental image of a foot high wall around it! :p