HELP!! CAT GOT OUT!!!

michaelaclaire

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!

I saved a cat from a kill shelter, Short story is she isn't desexed as she has been suffering from cat flu severely, Vet wanted her to be over this & get her first vaccination before the snip!! Yesterday my other cat that comes in & out busted open my window screen to meet her! They got along fine (found them asleep on the bed together) He is desexed so that's not an issue! I have been keeping my window shut but my mother unlocked it today to "let air in" & she did not realize it was busted open!! My rescue girl has gotten out, Have asked neighbours & door knocked but nothing!!! What are the chances of her coming back?? I am so upset as she is my baby already (have had her just over a week).

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry your cat escaped.
Do you know where she was originally gotten from? Cats tend to try to return to where they were last--be it a cat colony or home.
On the other hand, cats may not stray much further than about 100 yards. I'd go out (NOW, when it's dark) with a flashlight and shine it around bushes, places where she could hide. The light will reflect off of a cat's eyes.
Meanwhile, I'd put out on your patio/porch/under window(?) smelly food (around dawn, when cats are hard-wired to hunt) and her litter box, and some of your smelly clothes.