Help, cat behaving strangely since spay surgery - growling and swatting

catleesi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a question.... I have a female cat that I got spayed in 2012. Ever since she gets very strange. Her tail will whip back and forth, and she seems to growl at it, she growls and swats at my other cats but other times she will clean them and then growl and swat at them and one of my cats I have to completely keep away from her because he will go after her so badly (she is his mother tho). I have to keep them in separate rooms. I've even gotten bite by him when he's just gotten a glimpse of her! And he really is normally the sweetest cat!
I don't know what to do for her. We really thought it would stop (we were told this by the vet who fixed her).
I raised her from when she was 2 weeks old (she is 8 y/o now)! I want my baby to be ok, please help!
Thank you for any help you can give me!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really think you need to take her to the vet. She may have something medically wrong that is causing this behaviour, possibly  [article="29710"]Feline Hyperesthesia​[/article]  . I think any connection with the spay is purely coincidental. Whatever the cause is, you need it diagnosing and treating - it can't be much fun for any of you when she has one of her 'episodes'. 

Do update and let us know the outcome