Help! Cat Aggressive to my partner!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

physrange

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
*sigh* i know. the last time i shouted at my partner for being mean to Genji, I got shouted at for always sticking up for my cat and scolded for making things bad and that it's his place and not mine.

I just don't know what to do. It will break my heart if I have to give Genji away, and leaving my partner will break my heart too.

I'm so scared for Genji, yet there's my relationship too. I just wish there were somehow I can convince my partner not to be so uncompromising and I wish that he could be patient and not say things like getting on Genji's good side is too much trouble for him. I do realise that Genji isn't the one at fault, he's just scared. I just don't know what to do at this point.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by physrange

I'm so scared for Genji
So theres two of us!, and unless someone here comes up with another solution, because i can't see your partner change if he hates Genji now, then i really do think you need to find him another home where he will be safe.

I know you love Genji, and you've said yourself he's is not the one at fault, so please think whats best for him

Are you scared of your partner yourself?!

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

*sigh* i know. the last time i shouted at my partner for being mean to Genji, I got shouted at for always sticking up for my cat and scolded for making things bad and that it's his place and not mine.

I just don't know what to do. It will break my heart if I have to give Genji away, and leaving my partner will break my heart too.

I'm so scared for Genji, yet there's my relationship too. I just wish there were somehow I can convince my partner not to be so uncompromising and I wish that he could be patient and not say things like getting on Genji's good side is too much trouble for him. I do realise that Genji isn't the one at fault, he's just scared. I just don't know what to do at this point.
"it's his place and not mine."
"getting on Genji's good side is too much trouble for him."
He's not ready for you to move in. Hunny, I'm already worried about what will happen to you or any kids you may decide to have with this man. If he can't deal with 1 scared cat (and I can guarantee he's done something more than just smack Genji if he hides when your partner walks in the room) what is he going to do when its kids crying and possibly breaking something??
I know you love him, but he honestly reminds me of my ex...who put me in the hospital.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a tragic situation. It seems strange to me that all this problem with Genji started when you moved in. I mean your partner must have met Genji prior to this if you've gotten to this point in the relationship. To me it sounds a little like a reaction to the "moving in" part. Maybe he realizes he's not quite ready for this, and to exert some control he wants to make you do something quite big (i.e. prove your love by getting rid of Genji). I agree with Rosie, if my partner ever had a problem with the cats then i'm afraid it would probably he that has to go (if he can't compromise). I tell all of my dates upfront about the cats, and how i would like them to get along or at the worse be indifferent to them (but never EVER hit them or hurt them).

Just my opinion...

pui hang

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Right, you've been shouted at for sticking up for your cat and you've also been told that it is too much hassle for your boyfriend to gain Genji's trust. I'm sorry to say this but it doesn't sound like your boyfriend cares much about your feelings

It is abundantly clear to me that there is no way the 3 of you can live under the same roof peacefully so you have several options:-

1. Move out and try and make the relationship work
2. Dump the boyfriend
3. Give Genji away

Look at this from another perspective, Genji is your friend and loves you unconditionally, your boyfriend is setting conditions on your relationship. I know who I would choose

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please give Genji away if you must stay with your boyfriend, what did the poor kitty ever do to deserve this?

Please think of it from his point of view? What if your partner goes too far in his beatings kills him? How will you feel then? A cat is so much smaller than a human this can easily happen! I mean violence tends to get worse as the person feels more and more confident about getting away with it.

I am begging you please think of your Genji.

furbum

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sims2fan

Please give Genji away if you must stay with your boyfriend, what did the poor kitty ever do to deserve this?

Please think of it from his point of view? What if your partner goes too far in his beatings kills him? How will you feel then? A cat is so much smaller than a human this can easily happen! I mean violence tends to get worse as the person feels more and more confident about getting away with it.

I am begging you please think of your Genji.
I think this is a valid concern. Your boyfriend's jealousy can only get worse and he has shown that he handles his insecurities by attacking defenseless little animals. I would report him to animal protection or whatever you have over your way. He needs to learn that what he's doing is not only cruel, but illegal as well.

You are lucky to have such a smart kitty who has such intuition about people. I vote for ditching the boyfriend. I've been in a lot of relationships and boyfriends come and go. You can't be sure this guy will stick around, and if he does decide to go (which he might because he is obviously unhappy) then you would feel pretty bad if you didn't have Genji either. Genji, who was there first, Genji who will love you forever.