Help can't find mother cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's home [emoji]128518[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji] for some reason the assistant taught he would remove the leg today and spay her tomorrow but he did both in the one and rang me up to pick her up. I'm so hoping she will be able to remain inside [emoji]128076[/emoji] she will be inside anyway until she recovers I really want to keep her [emoji]128547[/emoji] but I'll do what's best if she can't stay inside [emoji]128546[/emoji] I'll have to wait and see. She is still out of it I'm just going to make her bed more comfortable he said I can introduce the kittens back to her in 2 days [emoji]128518[/emoji] and her milk has almost dryer up but he said it may come back completely but to keep feeding them the way I am and mam will wash them and cuddle them ect [emoji]128515[/emoji][emoji]128515[/emoji]

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She may do fine indoors with you, learning to trust through her healing and caring for the kittens.  Best of luck, you have done so very well by this little family!

cat2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is so nice and friendly and loves the dog and the dog loves her so I hope everything goes well [emoji]9786[/emoji] I'll let ye know what it's like when her and her kittens are reunited [emoji]128522[/emoji] thanks for all of yer help [emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128518[/emoji]

cat2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How is she feeling?  Did the vet give you any pain killers?

Yes he gave me painkillers that she is to take in her food and also 5 ml of this fluid stuff [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is the fluid an antibiotic? She's going to be in a good deal of pain for 2-3 days. Make sure she stays hydrated with water and wet food. Poor kitty.

cat2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes the fluid is antibiotic I think.
I reintroduced her to her kittens today becouse she seemed up to it and it went great [emoji]128522[/emoji] she immediately started washing them I kept a close eye on them.I fed them and they soon cuddled up with her. The vet said her milk has decreased and may come back but to keep feeding them the way I am but they started suckling and are all cuddled up and asleep together now. She is getting used to her three legs very fast [emoji]128515[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Awww. That's great news! I'm sure they are delighted to be back with their mom. Continue feeding them though, the same as you have been, until you are absolutely sure that she not only has milk, but plenty of it. It could take a few days to come back fully, if it does. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
One of the most remarkable things about animals, and a thing we could stand to learn from them, is that they have living in Zen Time down pat.  They are totally present in each moment, and don't waste time fretting over what things used to be like.  They just seem to say, "Well, this is what it is now, and this is where I live.  I'm getting on with it."  I admire that so much.