Young Cat
Purraise
Thank You,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank You all for your help. Smokey was put to rest today.

Had 2nd opinion who agreed it would be best, he would have only got worst.

I can't talk about it anymore. So no replies req.

Thank You.

Marie ;(

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you are ready, please post in the Crossing the Bridge section. There is much help and many who can share this terrible burden you now carry in your heart. Just know we all care and will be there for you when you are ready. I'll pray for your healing and cry for your loss. RIP beautiful Smokey!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss.  Rest in peace,
Smokey

marie000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I went for a 2nd opinion, not sure I got one.

Did not get a ultrasound done, but made convinced he had huge tumor that would make him suffer.

Am I paranoid the vet said things, it was as if he had spoke to my old vet before we went into room, I had given him report beforehand,

He was beginning to eat more, was alert in vet, and so trusting.

I know he was very sick, but I am still not convinced he was dying. But I was so afaid he might have been in pain and could not tell me. I could not think straight.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is natural to start questioning yourself after something like this.  I think we ALL do it, even though we know, in our hearts that it is the right thing to do
  My
Sven
told me he was ready, when i asked him that very last time, yet when we got to the Vet, he started looking around, and acting very curious, looking out the window and taking an interest in things again.  But when the Vet touched him with "the needle", he was gone in an instant.  She said she barely got any of the stuff in him at all and he was gone...that's how close he was

From the sounds of it, your guy would have started to suffer from this mass, sooner or later, if he wasn't already.  I honestly think 2 opinions are enough.  Try not to second guess yourself 

marie000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now I am worried about people say foxes dig them up, I bought a lovely big plant pot planted it 1/3 into garden soil, covered top with stones, should I do something and what to keep foxes off?

I put him in pot and not ground cos I could move house any day/me month now, only moving cos I have to, because of bedroom tax, leaving this house would be made even harder knowing he would be left here.

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It is natural to start questioning yourself after something like this.  I think we ALL do it, even though we know, in our hearts that it is the right thing to do
  My
Sven
told me he was ready, when i asked him that very last time, yet when we got to the Vet, he started looking around, and acting very curious, looking out the window and taking an interest in things again.  But when the Vet touched him with "the needle", he was gone in an instant.  She said she barely got any of the stuff in him at all and he was gone...that's how close he was

From the sounds of it, your guy would have started to suffer from this mass, sooner or later, if he wasn't already.  I honestly think 2 opinions are enough.  Try not to second guess yourself 

I know it is very hard not to second guess yourself at a time like this.  However, you got 2 opinions, and they both said the same thing. I am sure Smokey is at peace now.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 It sounds like the 2nd vet noticed the same things as the first. and it was probably right. if he was not already in pain,  he would have been soon.   and probably already was suffering.

I had to let my beloved cat go last year  when he had cancer that had spread to multiple organs ,  and one tumor had got really huge.    I struggled with my feelings about it because he had such a love of life,  he had always fought his way back from being sick in the past.    and he had even eaten a good meal that morning.   But he did not know that this time he was only going to get worse.  and it's true cats hide their pain,  but they still feel it.    I didn't want him to just suffer more and more ,   and I'm sure you did not want that for your Smokey.   

It's a very hard choice to have to make.    and I just wanted to say it is normal to second guess yourself.    I kept questioning myself afterward   but deep down,  I now know that I did do the right thing .   

I am so sorry for your loss. 

RIP dear Smokey.  

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss of Smokey. It is such a hard, hard thing to do and we feel your grief and tears. I pray you find peace in your heart and can soon remember the happiness. 

The soil and lots of stones should be enough to keep the foxes away.

tailzzz24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I personally would not give up. I put my one cat to sleep and my dog, and to this day I feel tremendous guilt over doing this - I  feel I should have just comforted them and kept trying to heal them even though it was painful to watch. One of my cats was given a 3 month death sentence - twice - he was 3 - and both times he pulled through. He was in kidney failure. He didn't make it the third time, but if I had put him to sleep I would have lost precious years with him. That's just what I feel.

Last edited by a moderator:

tailzzz24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww, I'm so sorry. I didn't read the whole thread before posting my other replies. I know what you're going through. I also know that one day you will be reunited. I always tell myself that a love as strong as I shared with my (sleeping) pets can never be lost. His spirit will be with you - he will watch over you. I'm praying that you will find comfort in that thought.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On behalf of the Team, we're so sorry for your loss.

When your ready,  lf you would like to post a thread in the Bridge forum where we can help Smokey cross over.  In the meantime, l'll close the thread now

RIP Smokey 

Status
Not open for further replies.