HELP!!! BORIS needs your prayers!!!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone, please help
Boris either ate or was stung by something much large than a bee
. All we know is it stung him in the mouth and may have stung him in his throat all the way own. I was at work and my wife called me from the vets office. Boris was outside in the enclosure enjoying himself. Then, my wife went inside and just a few minutes later, found him on the living room floor with his face swollen and the tufts of hair on the sides of his face was sticking out. His tongue was also hanging out and he was drooling. By the time she had gotten to the vet, he had vomited a mucus blood mixture and he also had diarrhea. The vet treated him with meds, but at this moment, he is still vomiting and there is quite a lot of blood in there. I am so shaken up at the moment, I can't even eat. All of you who know me, know how much these Bobcats mean to me. I can not lose him.
He is my boy
Please help with as many prayers/thoughts as you can. Thank you

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh no! Poor Boris! Keep us updated.
Sending many hopes that it gets resolved quickly and happily.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Prayers & healing thoughts for sweet Boris.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, poor Boris! I am very sorry he is going through this! I sure hope he is feeling better soon!

juniper

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so sorry!
Poor Boris! I will definitely be sending him lots of good vibes and thoughts!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all sooo much. I am so worried right now. I have had cats get stung by bees before and never really had any problems. This must have been some sort of wasp or hornet, because they can sting more than once, unlike a honey bee that can only sting once. I am not even sure if it was a sting, it could even be some type of spider bite. However, I looked out there and I did not see any signs of any large or dangerous spiders. You know, just when you think you have every possible thing covered, this happens. I never even thought of having a bee sting kit on hand. It's going to be a sleepless night

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely keep us updated! I'm about to retire for the night, but I will check this thread first thing in the morning to be sure.

Boris is in my thoughts ... I will light a virtual candle for him (it should be blue, for health, although I couldn't find a gif of a blue one so we will have to imagine this one is so.)

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, John, how awful!! Poor sweet Boris! Of course, prayers for him, for healing, and for you for what calm you can find.
Please do keep us posted whenever you have news.

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a dog that makes a habit of chasing bees and never had this reaction. Thanks for the warning about it. My prayers and thoughts are with you and Boris.
Heres to him being better in the am.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! Poor Boris!!

Sending many good vibes to Boris. Hope he gets well real soon.