Help! Bitting Bengal

Ninap

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Bengal is almost 2 years old and he is very playful and crazy like any other Bengal cat is. I did a lot of research about the breed before I bought one so I understand that they can have their moments of craziness. The past two months my cat has been acting very skittish and scared of every loud noise..(pots and pans, thunder, dropping something down the stairs, a quick hand movement). Last week my dad was playing with a little kids toy and my cat all the sudden got scared by it and latched onto my dads arms and scratched him about 8 times and bit him so hard it left him going to the ER because of non stop bleeding. He had no stiches but this still does not seem like normal behavior for my cat. I need suggestions because I am afraid to have kids around him now or anyone at all.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Something has happened to him if all of these behaviors just started two months ago, and trying to figure that out will go a LONG way towards helping him with this behavior. Start wracking your mind for anything that could have triggered his fear.

A Feliway diffuser might help calm him, or one of the new calming collars. Also, do you play with him hard with a wand-type toy (Da Bird, etc) three or four times a day to help get his energy levels down? If not, start. Last, try these links for more information:

Potential Stressors In Cats - The Ultimate Checklist
Is Your Cat Stressed Out?
Cat Aggression Toward People
How To Stop Playtime Aggression In Cats
How To Set Healthy Boundaries For Your Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ninap

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There may have been more loud noises lately with the holiday and everything but other than that we can’t think of anything. We got him the calming collar and a defuser for the wall. I just don’t know if those things will help with the biting.