Help baby kittens

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I hope they make it too. Sorry about the one.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is goat milk the best way to go? I do have a local pet shop that sells some and i can get that tomorrow.
Do they sell raw? fresh is very best, but frozen is good too.  Yes, I honestly believe this is best.   I dont have own experience with it - its difficult to get goats milk in Sweden, Im lucky if I can get canned goats milk.

But those forumites whom uses goat milk are happy with it.  These whom could try raw goats milk are happier still.

And by theoretical reasons, Im sure raw goats milk must be the best, as its contains natural enzymes and antibodies, before they got destroyed in the pasturizing process...

But if you DO have a really good formula, alike PetAgs KMR in powder,   the canned / powdered full fat goats milk is not better.

But if you dont have a good formula, but do have access to canned powdered gtoats milk, use this.  Its always OK.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skrub

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ya i am pretty sure its good goats milk and i know they have frozen goats milk but i have never had a reason to buy it until now so i never investigated it

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Its kmr liquid my pet shop already closed so thats all they had at walmart so hopefully its ok
If its PetAgs liquid KMR its not THAT bad, you can have it to begin with.  But switch to  goats milk or the powdered variation when you can.

Re the diltuation: I believe its premixed to use, but read on the label. 

Dilutation  makes sure they arent dehydrated, a major danger for them if they were abandoned.

This with feeding every hour; that is important while they are in crisis, in the Red Alert state.  Later on, when they are stabilized and you notice they are gaining nicely (the scale) - and or see by yourself they are apparently healthier and well, you can take it more easy, especielly give yourself a couple of hours to sleep at night, and every 2 hours should be enough.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good luck tonight! Keep us posted on these babies. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

skrub

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One survived and i called my local pet shop and they know of a mom cat who just had a litter and so we added thag ome and she is now taking care of him. I think this was prolly the best :)

skrub

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am sad i lost 2 but i am very thankful that arleast one made it and now he will have a great chance at survival :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, that was a good move on your part. [emoji]128077[/emoji]