Help and guidance would be So appreciated For my feral

alycia12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need some guidance With my little Grace, my feral I got at a local resteraunt where she and her siblings were hanging out ... I havE Had for six months now. Been an experience that's for sure.. She is maybe a year old, little older.. Looks young still.. Anyways I finally was able to get her to a vet to get fixed, shots , claws.. About 2 and a half months ago that was.. Well she tested positive for FIV ..which is fine . Love her no matter what.. The most interesting and frustrating thing is according to vet Grace uterus is not where it's suppose to be.. So neutering was not done. Although I'm not sure what I paid for . Vet I went was pretty vague.. So getting her there in first place was a challange but tricked her and she got in carrier.. So after being in heat the second time , and obviously knowing neuter did not work, I asked another vet their opinion on what they would do to see if they can find uterus. Exploratory surgery was really best bet as well as cost efficient . As I was told Ultrasound and ex Ray is not always reliable. First was starting to add up with his ideas . So that's why I went for second opinion.. Problem is I have cancelled 2 times now on Grace surgery cause I can't get her in cage/ carrier. She does not fall for the carrier/ cage tricks. She street smart for sure. Any suggestions?? She has come a long way in the six months I had her. I can pet her on the bed, pet her paws, her chest. She an adorable kitty but I'm getting frustrated. Not sure I can take another in heat , lol.. HELP

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are a couple of ways.

One is, a pillowcase. lay it down where she will go, next to you, etc and opened, like a circle with the bottom flat. If she gets on it for a treat, while distracted pull it up fast around her and hold tight at the top, make a knot.

Or if you can get a cage, leave it open so she gets used to it, and put food inside at the back, have a string on the door at the top, run it through a cage wire then back out to you at a distance. Don't move the string at all, cat's aren't stupid and she will know something is up.

When she goes in to eat whatever, pull the string tightly and hold it tight until you go towards the cage and latch the door.

This works with carriers too, but if she won't go in, then that's out.

You can also just grab hold of her scruff and push downward, which makes it impossible to fight it, then put her in. Just need to have a good hold, and alot of scruff to do this.

Last edited: