Help! Am finding 'gifts' in my kitchen sink...

annac

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there,

I have three cats, all between 12-18 months old, all fully toilet trained. Two we have reared from kittens (abandoned), the other adopted us and is semi-feral. All are neutered.

All have been extremely well behaved until the last two days. First incident was a poo in my cutlery drawer which I had left open. Then today, I came down to find pee all over the draining area of my sink. Yuk!

They can all get out of the house and usually do their business in the garden - both these incidents happened during the day time when all the doors were open.

Not sure which cat, and why. The semi-feral is almost impossible to pick up - getting her neutered was a monumental feat, so taking her to the vet is requires planning, strategy and patience!

Any ideas/suggestions? I have sprayed the kitchen cupboards with 'stopdog' for now, but would like to get to the underlying cause.

Thanks, Anna

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Anna, this is usually a sign that something is wrong, an UTI, for example... You need to watch them closely to know which one is doing that, and take it to the vet. Meanwhile make sure to clean those spots with an enzyme cleaner, so they don't come back for more.
A litterbox inside of the house would be helpful as well - maybe there was something outside they were scare of?