Help/Advice, What is wrong with my cats eyes!

doubao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! I recently got a new kitten, but I noticed that there is something in his eyes, it almost seems like a patch that is blurry, but it also is very light and is badly noticeable (this is the part circled in the picture). There also has been brown discharges around his eyes and the white parts of his eyes are also a little bit pink. Does anyone know what this could possibly be, is it serious?
CC7FCE91-3EF6-4D94-91C4-9FDF866A3C22.jpeg

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Anything to do with eyes is best seen by a vet. It can go from seemingly okay to a lost eye very quickly, in some cases.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! Eyes are way too tricky to try to diagnose or treat yourself. None of this may be serious, but only a vet can tell you. At the very least, a vet has instruments that let them see into the structure of the eye.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: If you adopted your new kitten from a shelter it's possible he picked something up there. As both the above members recommended any problem concerning the eyes needs a vet's attention. It could be a symptom of an underlying health issue or something easily treatable. Here's an Article that might have some helpful information for you:
Eye Problems In Cats: What Every Owner Needs To Know – TheCatSite Articles

Please keep us posted on his progress, best of luck. :alright:

angeladw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I first adopted Casper, I came home from work one day and found one of his eyes cloudy. I called the vet right away and they stayed open for me to bring him in. It’s very important to get him to the vet to get checked. I had to give him medication but it cleared up and didn’t end up being worse. I can’t remember what the medical condition was called. It was about 10 years ago.

angeladw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I first adopted Casper, I came home from work one day and found one of his eyes cloudy. I called the vet right away and they stayed open for me to bring him in. It’s very important to get him to the vet to get checked. I had to give him medication but it cleared up and didn’t end up being worse. I can’t remember what the medical condition was called. It was about 10 years ago.
Fyi - It was a corneal ulceration