Help! Advice Needed!

Alexis82414

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There is a stray cat that hangs around the back of my workplace, he’s been there for a WHILE. Myself and my coworkers feed him daily and even have a little shelter for him to help him get through the bitter Ohio winter. He must have gotten into a fight because he’s got a gash right above his eye and another on his paw. We have been doing our best to keep it clean but as he is an outdoor cat, it quickly got infected. He clearly needs medical attention and we are all willing to pitch in to pay vet bills but I can’t bear the thought of going through all of that just to send him back outside to get hurt again. The poor little guy is hurt and it’s breaking my heart I’ve tried to find a home for him after we get him fixed up but no luck. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated! I want to help him in any way I can but I just feel stuck :(

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am happy you are trying to help him! Since he is fighting I would also have him checked for FIV/FeLV also. What part of Ohio are you located at? I just moved from Cleveland 4 months ago after living in the suburbs there my whole life. If you happen to be near there I may possibly be able to help or get word out.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would definitely try to get him into a cat carrier or trap. He most likely needs to be neutered as well. I would guess that he is fighting since he is not fixed.

Is it possible for you to take him in? What about your work, could he become an inside kitty at your work?

I hope that you are able to help him with a vet visit.