Help / Advice For my Trapping Dilemma

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

edieandediesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hehe thank you again!

The photo of Sephora on the painting on the wall is actually in my bathroom, but she did it again at the vet's office, LOL!  The vet kept saying in his thick accent "ohhh my god...what am I supposed to do with THIS?"  haha.  

I got another one today!  A male, not the Penney I was hoping for, but I'll take what I can get.  He's gorgeous, blue eyed, tabby siamese.  There were 3 from Sephora's litter (not her litter, but the litter she was born into) that were tabby siamese.  One got hit by a car in the parking lot :(  The other one is female and I got the male.  His name is Ash.  He goes to get snipped first thing in the morning!

Ash:

Last edited by a moderator:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Good job! You're really fast with your trapping, aren't you?

Tabby Siamese, is that like a lynx point? White body with a tabby mask, paws and tail?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
He looks a lot like my Albert.

He's one of the kittens from the colony I care for. (He lives with me now.) His parents were both tabby but they must have carried the point gene because their kittens all looked very similar to this.

Albert's dad is my avatar picture.

Last edited:

chaucer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
EdieandEdie'sMom, thank you for helping this colony. I've worked in a shopping mall and know cats, and especially kittens, are in jeopardy without help in parking lot situations, but at least they are socialized to humans being around somewhat.  You are wonderful for doing all this and you are so quick with the trapping! Great job!

Love the photos!

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

Just noticed this thread now.

Wow, you've done a wonderful job of taking care of those cats! You were really successful with the trapping, it took me months to get the colony I care for all fixed and I actually gave up on a few of the Houdini male cats because they were too smart for me.

I've had some bad scratches too. I don't think they're as bad as bites, which always seem to get infected, but make sure you clean them up, put plenty of antiseptic on them and keep them covered until they scab over.

Beautiful, beautiful cats and kittens. I think you should apply for our Friend of Feral badge, your deserve it.

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/251561/friend-of-ferals-award-badge-apply-here
I have used plain peroxide on scratches like yours, just pour it on, repeat until it stops bubbling, it does not hurt and you end up with hardly any scars, but do it right away, the longer you wait the more you will scar. I've done it with bites too and got no infection and no scars. I don't take care of ferals but foster and those can be pretty traumatized by the time they come to me, they've usually had several fosters before I get them, somebody seems to think that I have the magic touch so I get these "incorrigibiles" after nobody else could get them to be "normal" cats. One I have now had for 9 months, he's better but still not adoptable because of his behavior.