TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
More pictures of him.

Stella1973

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Domestic short hair, appears to be a seal lynx(tabby) point. To put this as simple as possible, cats without a pedigree are domestics which have no breed history at all. Unlike dogs that have been bred for thousands of years, cats have only been purposely bred for about 200 years. Cat breeds came from selectively breeding domestic cats that had traits humans found interesting. Only about 4% of all cats have a breed and the rest are domestics. They aren’t mixes of different breeds since they came first and pedigree cats are such a tiny amount of the cat population. To put this in perspective if 4% of cats have a breed and there are over 70 recognized breeds that means the odds that a cat is of one specific breed like say a Maine Coon would be .00058%. Of that approximately 90% of them are spayed/neutered. So the chance that a cat could be a true mix is so infinitely small. Think of domestic cats as the wolves of cats. All colors, patterns, fur length, traits and characteristics are found in the domestic population since they created cat breeds in the first place. Your kitty is adorable and being a domestic doesn’t make him any less than or not perfect just las he is. It just means he has no breed history like the vast majority of cats.

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would say a lynx point DMH. He's fairly floofy but doesn't look long haired. He'll darken a lot too depending on your climate/house temp. He's very cute. I have a fondness for color pointed cats - they're characters!

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
tail floofy. lots of ear furnishings. he's gonna be a long hair I think. you'll know more as he ages. :) you can always do the base paws dna test to find out what breeds he shares the most in common with. seal lynx point prolly. he's gonna be stunning as an adult that much is evident. he's adorable as a baby too lol those big eyes

as far as the ragdoll goes maybe. does he go limp when you pick him up? (not a deciding factor by any means but a common trait)

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
also be really careful with collars on baby kittens. if he ever does get loose collars that don't have quick release can seriously injure a cat (especially a kitten) if the break off weight is higher than that baby is it might also hurt the kitten. i've heard stories of kittens who got lost being found who had outgrown their collars it can cause serious injury. just something to be aware of if you're not already. i'm a worry wort. lol.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree with the others, lynx point, almost surely domestic.
Re the question, kitten fluffy or longhair / medium hair?? Look on the tail, if fluffy, surely the latter, if thin, kitten fluffy.

IF you want to press him into some recognized cat breed, so perhaps Neva Masquerade, or a pointed siberian... Modern siberians tend to be quite doll-alike, and arent that biggish as their forefathers were.