Help!! A kitten wandered into my porch!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would get a trap and take a towel and rub it on the two baby kittens, rub it all over. Then put the towel inside the trap and put food inside. Mom should go in when she smells her kittens and then get her to the vet, get her spayed and release her. Unless you want to keep her, or know someone with the patience of Job that can work with her slowly and socialize her- I would just let her go back outside.

eatrawfish

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Even if she is pregnant most people would and will recommend you get her spayed. There are enough kittens who are already born having trouble finding homes.

Good luck!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by chris.m

Katie, that is GREAT. I won't be able to make it tonight, but I think I will definately participate in the TNR program. I do have a question though. If her kittens were about 8 weeks old (my best guess) could she be pregnant already again? And if she is, what is the protocol?
Feral clinics spay every cat (yes..even pregnant one) unless they are about to give birth....as Hissy recommends...trap her now and have her spayed. It will be the most humane act you can provide to this girl.

Katie

P.S. Glad to be of assistance....if you are around this weekend...I will probably be at the 7 Corners Petsmart on Saturday from 12-4 with the rescue group I volunteer with...just pop on by and we can talk further.

mlmcats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The kittens are gorgeous! I'm sure they'll make sweet, loving pets since you were fortunate enough to find them so young. I hope you can trap the mom kitty and get her spayed. I just hate seeing how many kittens & cats are in desperate need of homes this time of year. You've done a great job!