Help, 6 week pregnant cat bleeding

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! He looks like a stunning young kitten [emoji]10084[/emoji]

Also, out of curiousity. Was the bleeding fresh red blood, or like a brownish older blood/blood-like discharge? If it was the later, I also had it twice with 2 of my girls. It was possibly a minor infection (not uterus). We gave a mild antibiotic to prevent mayor infections to go into the uterus (because it was slightly opened). Both girls had healthy litters 3 weeks later :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marupon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It tended to vary sometimes it was fresh blood sometimes it was older blood! The vet was baffled!
Thank you I wonder if that is what it was! She never had antibiotic treatment, if I find any more blood I'll talk to the vet about it :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may spot on and off for a week, just to let you know. That's normal while the uterus heals. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mum and kitten are doing brilliantly
Labour has stopped and she's not bleeding now so hopefully all is well

Little fella has been thoroughly cleaned and is a stunning colour
He's lovely. It's better momma only has one. She must be exhausted with what she has gone through. Now she can relax with you and devote all her milk and time to her son.

marupon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thinking jasper on the name! Although I'm not fully convinced he's a boy so temporarily jasper!
Also not sure whether he's red or cream! He keeps getting darker!

Last edited by a moderator:

marupon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Creamy red is probably about right :p everytime I look he seems to go a little redder haha

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking jasper on the name! Although I'm not fully convinced he's a boy so temporarily jasper!
Also not sure whether he's red or cream! He keeps getting darker!

The minute my Harry was born I could see tiny balls. If you see only a slit that means he's a girl.

Last edited by a moderator:

marupon

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Creamy red is probably about right :p everytime I look he seems to go a little redder

Primula Primula
It's unusual it almost looks like he has what could be little balls but at the same time also looks like he has a slit.

We've got to go to the vets with momma in the morning so I'm going to ask them their opinion too haha