HELP: 5 Month Kitten Laser Spay Healing

CatMom678

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 5 month kitten just had her spay surgery 4 days ago and I’m worried about her incision site. The vet said she wouldn’t need a cone since the stitches are internal but I’ve caught her licking the site and I’m not sure if it’s become inflamed (I’ve tried researching healing photos for laser surgery but there’s not much out there). I’ve tried EVERYTHING - different cones, onesies - she freaks out and thrashes anything off. I feel like she’s under more stress and higher risk of hurting herself by the way she aggressively tries to remove anything I put on her. She’s been grooming herself like crazy since being home (which isn’t out of the ordinary) and she’s eating and using bathroom fine, but I’m worried if I can’t watch her every second, she’s going to get it infected. Anyone who had a laser spay or has experience, does this seem normal?

Attachments

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't have any experience with a Laser Spay, but did find this thread about another kitten who got it, which might help a little bit: Cat spay- lump to the side of incision

And this one: Spay/neuter With A Laser?!

I would say her wound looks a little crusty since she's been licking it so much, but doesn't look inflamed or anything so at the moment I wouldn't be too concerned about infection. To set your mind at ease, when your Vet is open, why not send them those pictures and see what they say.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks normal to me! I agree send the photos to the vet. I have never used a cone on countless cats I have had spayed, and all healed fine, even with a lot of licking. I just had 4 female feral cats spayed , all were released the day after surgery and all are fine.