Help! 1 week old kittens

Zxie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
help ! My 9 days old kittens have white discharge coming out of there belly button what can i do?

Note “vets in my country are bad with treating kittens i went to vet and they say nothing wrong with the kittens and they cant give a treatment for young kittens”

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is not normal and looks bad. What country are you in?

Apply a warm, damp compress to each kitten’s umbilical area for relief, but they need an antibiotic. They will need kitten doses of clavamox or amoxicillin to cure the infection. Can you see another vet?

How old are the kittens, how many are there, and do all have this symptom?

Did their cords dry and fall off naturally or did you cut them? Zxie Zxie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zxie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is not normal and looks bad. What country are you in?

Apply a warm, damp compress to each kitten’s umbilical area for relief, but they need an antibiotic. They will need kitten doses of clavamox or amoxicillin to cure the infection. Can you see another vet?

How old are the kittens, how many are there, and do all have this symptom?

Did their cords dry and fall off naturally or did you cut them? Zxie Zxie
I went to 5 different vets and they still said nothing is wrong with them and the kittens are now 10 days old and there’s 3 kittens 2 of them have discharge and I didn’t cut the cord

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay, a bit of research indicates that small amounts of white discharge may be present and normal after the cord falls off, though I personally have not experienced this.

Apply a warm, damp cloth to the area 2-3 times a day, and use an over-the-counter antibiotic ointment such as Neosporin (or what your country has) several times a day.

If the discharge turns green or yellow, that will be more serious and need further oral antibiotic treatment.

i hope this takes care of it, but do keep a close watch and certainly keep us posted.

Hopefully, kittens are nursing well and gaining weight in the meantime. Zxie Zxie

Last edited:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm so sorry 😞. RIP sweetheart 💖.

Don't blame yourself, please, kittens are incredibly fragile and sometimes we do everything we can and it still doesn't help.

Don't give up :vibes::hearthrob: :hugs:

Zxie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
im actually scared about my other kitten, because someone told me that the medicine vet gave my kittens is too strong on them that why one died 😢💔
I'm so sorry 😞. RIP sweetheart 💖.

Don't blame yourself, please, kittens are incredibly fragile and sometimes we do everything we can and it still doesn't help.

Don't give up :vibes::hearthrob: :hugs:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I’m so sorry! What is blue medicine? In the meantime, do not use the medicine anymore for now.

Zxie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m so sorry! What is blue medicine? In the meantime, do not use the medicine anymore for now.
I don’t really know the name but it was spray blue medicine