Help 1 Dead Baby Kitten !!!!

Kaileydeanna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Luna our two yr old rescue just gave birth to a dead baby kitten under our bed and it was still in the placenta when we found it she wanted nothing to do with it I've never done this before is she's sleeping covered in blood the kitten is quite small .... maybe premature .... what do I do ?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There are two here; momma and the dead one.

The dead one you "bury" in some practical way. You wrap it in some old towel or even old newspaper, and bury In your garden. Cremation is good - in practice you wrap it and put in in the garbage... I presume the garbage is burned yes? Pretend you are cremating.
Say some prayer if you feel for it. Although I dont believe the soul had possibility to attach to it.

Momma. Most often its no big problem. As the kitten was premature, its even fully possible she has more, and they will hopefully come out in their proper time, hopefully more heatlhy. So the usual advice is, if momma seems OK, no visible pains, bleedings, fever, no alarming signals - do observe, but you can calmly wait and see.

And yes, its common moms dont care much for prematures. Esp not if they are stillborne.

HERE momma is covered with blood. This is not the usual. She must have bled more than average. The delivery must have been quite difficult, she is perhaps still bleeding.
So the situation is potentially alarming yes. Yellow Alert at least, possibly even Red Alert.

Im writing this several hours after you wrote your post. If the situation hasnt cleared up, and she is visibly OK and well, you must contact your vet, and probably take her in for check up and treatment....

Please come back and continue to report.
Luna our two yr old rescue just gave birth to a dead baby kitten under our bed and it was still in the placenta when we found it she wanted nothing to do with it I've never done this before is she's sleeping covered in blood the kitten is quite small .... maybe premature .... what do I do ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kaileydeanna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has stopped bleeding thank you all for the advice !!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kaileydeanna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She however has not had anymore kittens

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is mama kitty today? Do you think she may still be pregnant?

If not, do you plan to spay her so this does not happen again?