Hello

i am furniture

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Greetings, I just adopted Lightning yesterday from the local humane society. He is a one year old male black & white medium hair cat. So far he likes to climb up onto my chest when I am sleeping purr really loud while kneeding, then lick my face. So I got little sleep last night. Once I get a site to host some pictures I took i'll set them up here.

I was told from the people at the humane society that in his previous home he would pee on beds, sofa's & clothes. This morning there was evidence that he was using the litter so I am happy. I read some forums on here yesterday for ideas on how to prevent accidents from happening, so if it becomes an issue i'll have an idea what to do. I am making a vet appointment (one free visit within 3 days of adoption) to get him looked at to see if it was an infection or anything like that.

My only issue right now so far is that he wasn't eating the food I purchased for him. Well, he would eat it off the floor but wouldn't eat it from the food dish I had purchased. So hopefully he eats it ok today, i'll find out when I get home from work. Anyone else have issues with cat's not liking their food dish?

Anyhow, this is a great site I look forward to reading other people's experiences with our feline counterparts.

Glenn
I am furniture

kittylady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Hi and welcome to you and Lightning. I dont have a problem with the food dish. I have read that if the dish is too deep they dont like it because they have to have their whiskers not touching the sides of the dish. But if you bought a kitty dish it probably is ok . Other than that I dont have any idea. You will get lots of good advice on here soon as it is a great site.

sandra a evansm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi congradulations, on your new baby. Cats are wonderful companions and a pleasure to have them own us. You know the old saying dogs have owners, cats have staff. Haha. Not sure what to tell you about your baby not wanting to use his bowl. It might be you need to try a different kind of bowl or a different size of bowl. My girls use stainless steel bowls. Partly because I have one who is allergic to plastic. I wish you much happiness with your new baby. Good luck, Sandra

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, Glenn, Sierra and I welcome you and Lightening to TCS!
So glad you've joined us and look forward to getting to know you better!
Congratulations on your new addition to your family!
We love sharing our experiences with our babies! Sierra is very picky about her food dish also. She will eat only from a clear crystal dish, nothing else will do except my feeding her with a spoon. When I accidentally broke her dish a little while back, boy was I in trouble! I had to hurry out to purchase a new one for her!
I would be so happy to help you in any way as you learn your way around the site. Please, simply click on my user name and send me a Private Message!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! Congrats on your new baby.
My Festus likes to take one kibble at a time out of the bowl, and eat it off the floor. I have no idea why. If the food is in a bowl on a shelf, sometimes she will take a piece in her mouth, jump off the shelf and onto the floor, them eat it!