Hello!

blueberrypiez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All,

My name is blueberrypiez.
I'm a cat newbie, I'd like to add a kitty companion to my life in a year or two, so I'm trying to learn all I can. I hope to make some new friends here and soak up some wisdom.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
6CF6D086-DEAC-4A37-A099-6883F74BD420.gif
blueberrypiez blueberrypiez , on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
A5F5E108-C09B-4B85-AF18-0997A2F0434B.gif
to you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you can and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Do post photos of your kitty when you finally have them!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueberrypiez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much for the welcome tabbytom tabbytom ! I feel like I have a lot to learn. I want to be well informed before I adopt a kitten.

View attachment 241603 blueberrypiez blueberrypiez , on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm View attachment 241602 to you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Please feel free to ask as many questions as you can and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Do post photos of your kitty when you finally have them!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome from a fellow former cat newbie! I learnt most I know from TCS and seasoned cat owners I know offline, so there's a great source of information here :)

blueberrypiez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, aliceneko aliceneko ! I'm looking forward to learning more. :)
Welcome from a fellow former cat newbie! I learnt most I know from TCS and seasoned cat owners I know offline, so there's a great source of information here :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome, blueberrypiez! How lovely it is that you want to learn all that is possible before bringing a cat into your life. And you have certainly come to the right place. Our forums, and especially our articles, are filled with excellent information. In the Cat Care articles, you can find out everything you will need to bring a kitten or cat home, supplies, everything.

blueberrypiez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 !

Thank you for the welcome. I really want this to be a good experience for me and the cat. So I want to learn as much as I can. Right now, I'm trying to decide between either Russian Blue or Ragdoll, I'm not sure which would be best for my lifestyle.

I'm single and in my 30's and work full time, but am somewhat of a homebody. I may decide to have a child in the next 3 years, so I'd like a cat that will work well with a child too.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: You've come to the right place to learn all about cats. :catlove:

TCS has tons of articles on many different subjects. You can find them sorted by a few main subjects here: Articles | TheCatSite

And here's some to get you started:
15 Things You Should Know Before Adopting A Cat
First-time Cat Owner's Guide

Ragdoll Cats
Russian Blue Cats

Adopting Mouse - The Experience Of Buying From An Ethical Breeder (a Russian Blue)

Cats And Babies: All Your Questions Answered!
How To Mix Cats And Kids The Right Way

blueberrypiez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the welcome rubysmama rubysmama ! I can't wait to read all of those articles, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise