Hello!

Lexifateh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I joined a few months ago but never actually did anything on the forum. But here I am now! I live with my boyfriend and we have two cats (though they pretty distinctly have their favorite owner lol) So, Hi everyone! My name is Lexi and I live in Arizona, USA.

My cat's name is Rocket! (After rocket from Guardians of the Galaxy) She's a two year old female black cat. She was the runt of her litter (she even had a big fat alien head) and had the FIERCEST but most cuddly personality. I had originally picked a different kitten but couldn't stop thinking about her and ultimately took her. She is still petite now, being only 4.5-5# and is very active.
17190879_377669219279635_8114067806024192482_n.jpg

She often has this very far off stare because she has some eyesight problems. When she was a kitten she would often get swelling in her brain that vets could not pinpoint at all. It would result in loss of eye sight, heavy drooling, shaking, and hallucinations. She has now grown out of whatever was wrong. These difficulties as a kitten have never stopped her though!
17362032_383854281994462_2398985272483250019_n.jpg

Here she is waiting to go out for an evening walk. She is very adventurous and loves her nightly walks with the dogs. She walks like a dog! Stays on the sidewalk, keeps up with the dog's pace, and even pulls when I'm not walking fast enough for her! She always has energy to spare. She may be a little too adventurous though! She has no concept of fear. She will gladly get into cars, go up to strange dogs or people, and will walk into any house or building and immediately feel like she owns the place. I've never seen her hide from anything!
17191422_380848022295088_740360744204782833_n.jpg

Her best friend is Ylva, my husky mix. She sits with her daily and grooms her ears and cuddles with her.
20953126_455775601468996_4555589072010128750_n.jpg

And every night she sleeps in bed with me and my bf, usually in my arms, under the covers. She loves cuddling with me and lets me move her anyway I need to to be comfortable.

So sorry if this was long! I could go on forever about her because she has such a crazy unique personality. I have more then a handful of stories about her crazy antics. She's a very important part of our family, and I don't know what I'd ever do without her.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Lexi! Welcome to The Cat site! :dazzler:

Rocket sounds like a great cat! And she is cute as a button.:redheartpump:

There are many good articles and lots of knowledgeable folks here. If you can't find what you need, feel free to ask!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3290.GIF
Lexi and Rocket, on behalf of The Catsite community,
IMG_3124.GIF

Glad that you've joined the site and feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles in the Articles section.

Rocket is beautiful :lovecat::lovecat4: and we have a special thread for black cats and you can post get photos here in Black Cats Only and also here in Post a favorite picture featuring your cat's claws! for your last photo.

And you mentioned you have two cats and we see only one! Where's the other? :think:

See ya around :wink:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
:wave3:Hi and welcome! Nice to meet you, your fur babies are beautiful. By all means introduce your bf's cat here too. You can create albums on your home page & post lots of photos.:camera: I'd love to see some pictures of your walks. Our Gypsy was a neighborhood stray and wants to go out solo, so she mostly flops and sniffs on our outings, she is getting better. You can see some of our adventures in her Kitty Holster album on my home page. There are lot of threads to post pics on. There is even one to post ones of your puppy dog. See you around the site :walk:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: Loved your write-up on Rocket. Not too long, at all. Loved the pictures, as well. Particularly the "nose to nose" one with the dog, and the one with the claws. :catrub: