Hello!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Victor, thank you for issuing that news release about the goings-on in this thread! My telephone's been ringing off the hook since you posted, with requests for interviews from around the world--specifically those places where our previous road trips took us. A few of the callers mentioned something about a subpoena, whilst others whose languages I failed to completely understand swore long oaths which usually concluded with something along the lines of "And don't come back!"

Well, there's no pleasing everybody. I'm still hiding in my Think Room here, so give me a bit more time and I'll begin that other thread.

=^..^=

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Joe!!!!

We definitely MUST have a road trip. Didn't some of the members get lost on the dragons somewhere in the south pacific?

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, kateang! It's nice to meet you! And yes, Kiwideus, I fear we did lose track of a few tour members on that trip. But, bless them, they turned up at a saloon on Tahiti about six weeks later. The dragons have happily returned home, too.

=^..^=

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HI joe, good to see you back!

Love the tee shirt!

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good to see you, too, dtolle! Indeed, that's the best T-shirt I've ever had.

=^..^=

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! MR CAT! How WONDERFUL of you to return to our little piece of heaven! You were the first one on here to make me blush!
I've often wondered where you had wandered off to! I'm so glad they found you and returned you to where you belong!

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, jugen! Now, tell me more about this blushing incident. What did I do? *wants to try again*

=^..^=

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!
You were the first one on here to say hello to me and you told me something which I thought was priceless! You said that I should watch out for these people, they are dangerous and will tell you things that are better left unsaid! I thought I was going to fall out of my chair when I read that. and well sadly, it was true! LOL! I love this place and I loved to read all your road trips and every post you made! you always knew how to make a girl laugh! LOL!

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Joe, I love your sig of "Diets are for wimps". It's a marvelous piece of wisdom
But may I ask you a question... what's that logo on top of your sig supposed to mean? From what I can appreciate it seems as a football team.

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, jugen, maybe I was referring to the penchant some few but vocal members had--"had" being my hope--for saying the strangest things: "You'll burn in Hell, because you think thus-and-such is true," or "You should be taken out and shot as a traitor." As I recall, a lot of that sort of talk was taking place internet-wide last year at about this time; and it's taken all this while to subside.

Victor, that revolving letter "B" is my Rotating Björk Beacon. It's there as a welcoming lamp for any wandering Björk Guðmundsdóttir cognoscenti seeking like-minded netizens. Go see "Björk at Seattle" on my web site for a description of my close encounter with that Icelandic musician.

=^..^=

yoviher

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Joe, I am afraid I was a victim of such talk.... I received a LOT of posts in other forums of "You ain't an American, why do you care about it?" or things among those lines.
Of course, I had to then start teaching them some geography and say "Puerto Rico is (unfortunately) a U.S. territorry, dummy".

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recall that sort of talk, Victor; and it wasn't pretty. Well, let's just hope chauvanism and jingoism have run their courses--at least here.

=^..^=

hermoine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thats a B huh? OK if you say so. I remember reading some of your previous road trips but never got on any as I was always a day late and a dollar short as they say.

What day are we leaving so I don't miss the boat? The "kids" and I are ready and waiting. Looking forward to enjoying a good vacation with them and all the board.

Be there in a sec.

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hermoine, we're leaving tomorrow! You've got plenty of time to get to the SPAM Museum (see "Road trip" thread) and relax a bit before our departure for parts unknown.

Thank you, chelle! It's nice to see you and to be back here.

=^..^=