Hello!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shedding can be linked to stress & quality food. I'm assuming you are on a limited budget....but what are you feeding? Diamond Naturals, Chicken Soup, Wal Mart's Maxximum brand, Purina Naturals, etc.

SoftClaws need to be replaced as they fall off, often every 4-6 weeks. Can you find a carboard scratcher....I've seen them in grocery stores, wal mart, etc? Even a short little sisal scratching post is better than nothing, IMO.

As for vet exams, even if she is strictly indoors, IMO, shots are very important as are exams. Better to have that done, in case there is something wrong, than for her to get sick & you be slammed with HUGE vet bills.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diablo2k

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Shedding can be linked to stress & quality food. I'm assuming you are on a limited budget....but what are you feeding? Diamond Naturals, Chicken Soup, Wal Mart's Maxximum brand, Purina Naturals, etc.

SoftClaws need to be replaced as they fall off, often every 4-6 weeks. Can you find a carboard scratcher....I've seen them in grocery stores, wal mart, etc? Even a short little sisal scratching post is better than nothing, IMO.

As for vet exams, even if she is strictly indoors, IMO, shots are very important as are exams. Better to have that done, in case there is something wrong, than for her to get sick & you be slammed with HUGE vet bills.
I am feeding her "Fine Feline" the previous food I had gave her awful oder when she went to the litterbox. I dont have that problem with this food but it is cheap and I can get something better. I have never heard of a cat shadding from cheap food. I just thought it was a seasonal thing.
What is a good inexpensive cat food?
My case worker is alergic to cats and I would like to keep the hair down as much as possible. I am unsure on if cats need baths as well or not. I am a first time cat "owner", I have had cats as a kid but I was never fully resposible for them.

I seen a cool Scratchpad toy on Amazon the other day, guess I really need to break down and get it, they have cheaper ones at Walmart as well as Sissel posts.

I am seriously considering getting her into the vet at least yearly. I am getting ready to move and I am getting hit w/ a $200 pet deposit so money is tight right now but at the first of the year should be good.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
White cats also seem to shed more - IMO mostly due to the color of the hair it shows up more.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

diablo2k

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

White cats also seem to shed more - IMO mostly due to the color of the hair it shows up more.
Yeah, its not alot of hair really, but it gets on the fans in my computer, sticks to my clothes, its just anoying in general.

Still, I know I can aford better food for her, I mean a 20lb bag lasts 2 months and is only about $20-30. Thats not much at all and she deserves good food. I think on the first when I get my check I will head to walmart and get a few things for her to show how much I care for her.

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS.
This is a great place, with great people
and great advice. Glad to have you as part of our family.

Rob & Sport