Hello to my fellow Fans O' Felines!

adhdiva

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am ridiculously excited about joining this forum! My name is Mandie and I am the human companion of 2 amazing but polar opposite cats, my sweet babies, Kitteh and Remmi. Kitteh. a beautiful and unbelievably graceful Snowshoe Siamese, wandered into our neighborhood one day and the kids who found him brought him straight to me, knowing that I would take care of anything furry that wandered into my yard. (Come to think of it, that's how my husband and I got together!)  Remmi's story is a bit sadder....My son said he was hearing something one night, I assumed it was the rain which we were having a TON of at the time. He went outside and when he came back in he had an itsy bitsy gray-black kitten in his hands. The tiny baby's eyes weren't even open and he was soaking wet and super cold. I warmed him up in a heating blanket and i'm pretty sure I carried him around for a month but he survived. I think he might have suffered some nerve damage because of the cold. He is kinda different but I love all the silliness that makes him unique!  I also have 5 kittens at the moment. Their mother, who my 14 year old son named "Patches", was a pregnant stray that wandered up and we started letting her come inside to eat. She ended up having her babies in our house (something I SWORE to my husband wouldn't happen since she was so use to being an outside cat, thanks Patches. I thought I was a cat expert but whatever...) She took impeccable care of them until 3 nights ago when someone accidentally let her out and she hasn't been back since. For realsies though, If I had 5 kids at once I would probably run away too. I'm really worried about the babies and I'm hoping I can get some advise about my sweet lil beans and what/how often I need to be feeding them right meow. Did you catch that reference? Ya did? Oh yeah, we are so gonna be friends!

Kitteh (snowshoe Siamese) Remmi (lil Black cat in the back having supper) and Patches, Lord please let her come home soon!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I hope Patches comes home soon! Do you have flyers out for her? Checking the shelters?

all 3 cats are stunning! Welcome to the site!!

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the site
  Beautiful fur family!

Can you record the kittens crying?? Re play the sounds, in nearby yards, alleys, anyplace you think she may have wandered that's very worrisome.  Posters on telephone poles, shops, cafes nearby gas stations high traffic areas.

Facebook in your area regarding lost pets animals its a great resource people WILL help you word travels fast sightings may pop up! Anywhere on facebook cat related will drive support or ideas.  
  For Patches safe recovery. 

You will receive lots of great advice on how to feed and care for these little ones this is a wonderful site 

There are reference articles...

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/hand-rearing-kittens-what-you-need-to-know-to-save-a-newborns-life

Last edited:

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We're equally excited to have you on board! Funny people gets cookies too. :p

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adhdiva

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome! 

I've received wonderful feedback and advice from everyone about our kittens and Mama (a.k.a Patches). She hasn't come home yet but we are still looking, I've talked to our vet here in town, my husband has posted on facebook and my son has been walking our trailer park daily searching. Despite their mom being gone the kittens are thriving! They love playing with our 2 chihuahua pups and they love attention! My oldest son, Dylan, has had way more friends than usual visiting so they can play with the kittens so I think they will be very well socialized by the time I find them their Forever Homes.