hello to everyone out there

butter&mumu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am happy to say that I have been a cat owner for most of my life. I have two beautiful cats named Butter Bear and Mumu Cow. As you can imagine my 6 year old named them
. They were born here in the house, mom ran away when they were a week
, but they survived. They think they are people and act like my other children. I am currently 25 weeks pregnant with my second daughter and it has been recommended to me by my relatives that I should get rid of my cats because of the toxo..... disease (i can't remember how to spell it, sorry). so far my pregnancy is great, no problems. my husband changes the cat litter for me and my daughter helps me feed them. i was also told that there behavior might become irratic and to make sure that they don't scratch me for fear of infection. well, as you can imagine i did as much research as possible and am not worried. i refuse to abandon an animal in fear of catching a disease that is usually more catchable by exposure to raw meat. anyways, just wanted to get that off my chest. it gets a little frustrating for me sometimes since they are family. my husband who used to hate cats actually loves them also. he realizes that cats are not evil vermon and can be trained just like dogs. one of our cats actually stopped someone from breaking into our home by waking me up. so as you can imagine he does not want to get rid of her
he just thinks of her as a cat that think its a dog.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to welcome you, Butter Bear and Mumu Cow to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

I'm so glad that you did your own research rather than just listening to what others had to say. Your family sound wonderful. Congratulations on your impending addition to the family

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome!

My sister got pregnant while she had over 10 cats under her care. Like your family, her husband changed the cat litter and had help feeding them. Her pregnancy went smoothly and she had a healthy girl.

murelino

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wellcome, wellcome and once more wellcome!!!

What a big and great family you have!!!

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Welcome to TCS

I am so glad you did your research and didnt listen to anyone else. I have a 3mo old daughter and was also told similar things during my pregnancy. Just like you not a hope my boys were going anywhere and like you we just dealt with things as we went along. Good on you!!
So glad you joined us
looking forward to getting to know you

Please send me or another mentor a message if you need any help at all in the forums.

welcome again from me and my boys

kitty's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome! I'm glad you did your research and didn't just listen to other people. I would feel the same way about my Kitty!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome!!
It's nice to meet you!!