Hello suggestions needed please

mad cat lady jo :-)

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I've recently got two new kittens but have had cats most of my life but have never really had an issue with teething, I was wondering if people may have suggestions as to what I could use that I can find naturally for them, i was considering using baby teething Rings, not the gel filled type but the solid rubber type, do people out there think that this might be ok? as I have old teething Rings from when my children were little still and have considered using these instead of going out and buying more products, any help or advice on natural items to use ie leather Cork or the use of rubber teething Rings would be appreciated greatly thank you very much for your help, jo x

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
mad cat lady jo :-) mad cat lady jo :-)

Hi Jo! it wouldn't be safe for your cat to ingest the rubber. Their teeth are sharper than human babies by a lot.

Silvervine sticks
Paper straws
Rubbing some enzemeatic cat toothpaste on the cat's gums with a q-tip (I use the brand names as they are cardboard and not plastic)
You can look up teething toys for cats like this:
Whisker City® Pineapple Catnip Dental Chew Cat Toy | cat Catnip | PetSmart

Catnip Dental Health Chews

Whisker City® Spring Toys Cat Toys - 4 Pack | cat Multi Pack | PetSmart

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mad cat lady jo :-)

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Alldara, thank you for your response yes that's a very good point that their teeth are a lot sharper and nibbling rubber would not overly be good as I'm starting to find with my electric cables which I've now had to completely in case, 😶I'll try some of the products you've suggested and see if that helps I've given them cardboard boxs to chew on as it's something that I have around the house and have made them play Castles out of & they already have kitten toys and soft mice to play with and chew on but I just wanted to give them other items so will give these things a try as well, thankyou for your help xx

dethstryke

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat Skittles used a small alligator with a bulb squeaker inside it to teeth. It is still bouncing around with a few small blood stains but maybe you should try that!
PXL_20221020_154050012.jpg