Hello! New Cat Mom Here!

Williams mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thought i would hop on and say hello and introduce myself.

This is the first ever forum ive ever been a member of.

I am brand new to this owning a cat thing :) but im enjoying every single minute of it! Well here is william and my story

I am new cat mom to a new cat! Sir william came into my life 1 whole week ago! It was fate that he came home with me

On feburary 13th of this year i saw the most handsome cat ive ever seen on the humane society fb post. He stole my heart with one glance. (May i mind you, never thought i would or could get a cat, im also allergic, or so i thought) i have not sneezed once and not a single sign of allergy.

So i took a screne shot of his photo and showed lots of people. Family, friends, co-workers. Everyone had to see this cat!!!

Then 1 month later, he was adopted! I was both sad for not meeting him and happy he found his furever home.

I came across his photo in my phone from time to time and would aww at it, then put it away.

October 12th he showed up on my news feed again!!! I was so excited and happy to get another chance to meet him but again with the 2 sided emotion, sad that they brought him back. ( he beat up there dog lol thats my kind of cat! Dont take no s*#&t from no one! Fyi i LOVE dogs)

So i rushed down there the following day, 45min drive and i finally got to meet him!

He was a chill relaxed cat but purred like crazy, he was more than i expected!! I spent an hour with him. I knew i had to think about it over night before making a big decision. I did not grow up with pets except fish and i owned a bird for 14 months years ago so its a big step for me.

Well i couldnt stop thinking about him so i went the next day to visit again.

So excited to see him, (i never been to a shelter before so i didnt know the protocol) i walked in and without stopping i looked at the girl at the front desk and said "here to visit william" and kept on walking right to his room! Like i said, I was so excited, i tried to open the door lol duh they lock them. Then, feeling like an idiot, i hear from around the corner, "shes ok, she was here yesterday" lol

Well long story short, i applied to be his furless companion and got to take him home a few days later!!!

He has been a blessing to me as i am a middle aged single (now crazy cat lady) no kids women, he is exactly what i needed in my life and all i want to do is make his last few years special, spoiled and comfortable.
20181017_193208.jpg
20181028_123539.jpg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-753330.gif
Williams mom and William, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3139.JPG
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

We are so happy that you're fated to have William. It must be great joy for you both.

He's such a handsome kitty!

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: William is adorable. :catlove:
Love the story of how he came to be yours. It was truly meant to be. :petcat:

Crazy cat lady? Here's a quiz to know for sure. :lol:
Quiz: Are You A Crazy Cat Lady?

Since you're new to cat "parenting", I'll post the links to some TCS articles that might be helpful.

Oh, congrats too on joining your first ever forum. :bouquet: I joined TCS 5 years ago just after I adopted my Ruby girl, and love this online cat community.

Here are the article links:
First-time Cat Owner's Guide
How To Help A New Cat Adjust To Your Home

Cat Behavior For Beginners
Playing With Your Cat: 10 Things You Need To Know

LovelyStyle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey there and welcome!

I've been a cat parent for 12 days now and I'm loving this site. I loved how you said "here to see William", as if he was in a hospital or worse, a correctional institution (shelters can feel like prison, I suppose). How old is he? You mentioned about giving him good 'last years'. Cats can live a long time. Like you, I am a single (by choice), middle-aged woman with no children (by choice)...no choice in being middle-aged. LOL! I will never allow myself to be termed a crazy cat lady. I'm a woman crazy about cats! Don't get it twisted!

IronHippo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
William is so handsome!! I see why you fell in love!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Sir William is one handsome boy :heartshape:
Welcome to the site :hithere: