Hello! My name is PeaceAndLove. It is nice to meet you...

peaceandlove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my name is PeaceAndLove. I am very new to The Cat Site. So far, I have found it to be a very encouraging place to be.

A little bit about myself:

I have technically 7 kittens - one that is almost full grown. That one is also a mama cat. Her name is Precious. She is a sewer cat that I took in. Her mother is a stray tabby. She was around 6 - 8 months when I took her in. She is about 9 - 11 months old now. She has adapted to being an indoor cat quite nicely. Although, now that her kittens are older, she does dart for the front door at times.This is something new for her. (Even right after taking her off the streets, she seemed to prefer being indoors as opposed to being outdoors.) The intriguing part about that behavior is WHEN she darts. Typically, she does that when it is raining or storming - the times I would think a cat would want to stay inside.

She has blue eyes and is a flame tip cream colored cat. I once came across a picture of a flame tip traditional Balinese. She looks A LOT like that picture - right down to the apple shaped head. So, I think she might be at least half Siamese or Balinese. She definitely acts like a Balinese. I know she is NOT full blooded because I watched her grow up on the streets. 

Her babies are 6 weeks old. They look nothing like Oriental cats. She has 4 tabbies and 2 calico kittens. I have found homes for all of her babies except 2.

The most popular question I seem to get is "Did you know she was pregnant when you took her in?" So, just in case you are wondering that, the answer is "No, not a clue." Not even the vet thought she was pregnant. When I took her in to get checked out, he mentioned that she had "a lot of gas." Well, it turned out that those "gas bubbles" were actually babies. Surprise!! 

Ok, so that was more about my cats than me. So, a bit about me.. this time really about me...  ;-)

I am a health and wellness nut. I avoid toxic chemicals, treatments, drugs, etc as much as possible. I do my best to only eat organic foods and keep chemicals out of my residence. Ok, so maybe not my best. There are those cookies I eat and those lattes I drink... well, a person has to enjoy life, too!  ;-)

I believe in faith healing. I have seen the God of Israel do many great things and heal people of the "unhealable."  So. whenever I come across something that cannot be resolved by natural means, I always turn to Yeshua (Jesus) and turn it over to him. He is faithful.

I love to learn and intend to have my own business. Exactly what that business will be I have yet to figure out. Something that will add value to the lives of others - that much is for sure. I love to invest and strongly encourage people to have at least 3 stable income streams. Ideally, each income stream should be able to supply all the funds needed for basic expenses. Ideally, at least 2 of those income streams should be passive.

I do intend to have my own family farm one day. It will be organic and self sufficient. I might have some zebu cattle on it. I have yet to decide. I know it will have some chickens, though. Chickens are so very versatile on the farm. There will be fruit trees, berries, vegetable gardens, etc. The habitat will also be very wildlife friendly. I plan to leverage permaculture as much as possible.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi PeaceAndLove, and welcome

Lovely to hear all about you and your kitties.  So glad you were able to rescue the mum