Hello lovely breeders :)

familytimerags

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

Thanks, FamilytimeRags!

If it weren't for their dark noses and stuff, I would just call them creams and be done with it... but I've never seen a cream or buff, or even fawn, with darks paw pads and tails and such. It almost appears as if the skin is getting grey on their tails and outer sides of their hind legs. I'm so confused... they're mutants!
Well, then they are the cutest little mutants, I have ever seen!!
They do look a lot like the mink litter I had, they were born a buff color, and one developed into a seal and the other a blue. It took a little longer for me to determine color on the minks than the pointeds, it was close to the 2 week mark, before I could say with certainty. If they are mink, the aqua eye color will develop in time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I was browsing the web looking for photos of kittens the same age in the pointed and mink breeds, I did find a lot of kittens that looked like mine. But I have no idea where the mink would have come from... a breeder I know online (not from this site) said she thinks they'll be blue minks, like a Tonk... she breeds Tonkinese.

Whatever they are, I love them to pieces and I am sure their new owners will too... it's just fascinating to me that they ended up the way they did.

I'm so anxious... can't wait to see them grow. I'm gonna have to keep more than one of them.. I was going to keep the grey tabby, but now I think I'm going to keep one of the creamy ones too because they are so nifty looking.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think they are pointed either. But not sure what the final color will be. Ling is my own weird color changing cat. Born blue tabby/white with darker blue points; then changing to blue tabby with seal points; and finally to a black/white with faint points in the right light (plus the faint tabby markings).

So it will be interesting - keep taking pictures. We took some of the litter where they definately were pointed!

pondwader

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I definitely think their points will get darker, Burmese do have points. In my opinion 3 of them look like they are what would be called Champagne...if they were purebred Burmese. Definitely beautiful whatever they are.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, guys... I have finally decided what I think they will look like. I am thinking of posting a poll in a week or so (w/new pics) when their color is more developed... and then having like a virtual bet. The prize could be one of those silly signature icons for whoever guesses correctly, or something else stupid, or just a pat on the back.

I'm not telling what I think they will be, but what do you guys think? Should I post a poll? I think it sounds like fun... but maybe no one cares like I think they do.