Hello, I'm RescueMom and I'm New Here :-)

rescuemom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All, 

I just recently joined TCS mainly to get more input about my pregnant cat Luna. However, I've found a lot of helpful tips for more than just my pregnancy questions. A little about me; I'm from a small town, but recently moved to a big city. I'm going to school to be a veterinarian technician and learn more about animals. All my friends and family call me the 'crazy cat lady' because I've loved cats and kittens since I was just a little girl. I'm not ashamed! I love animals, and protecting them is my calling. 

I have a 2 year old black and white kitty named Chevy, who I've had since he was just over 5 weeks old. I adopted him from a local animal shelter and had to bottle feed him because he wouldn't eat the kitten food, soft food or even people food. So we had quite a bonding experience! He's been the only child for about a year, and then I started fostering kittens and he wasn't sure at first, but he warmed up and now he loves them all even as they come and go! He wasn't so sure about the missus who is expecting, he's very curious about her, and would like to play with her but she's not interested as long as she's carrying and about to be mothering. They've been seperated, because I didn't want cat fights breaking out and I didn't want to stress out the mama and her babies. So maybe after she weans the kittens off, we can see how they get a long. 

About the pregnant kitty, now over a month ago I rescued a blue colored cat (dark gray) from out of town. We were going to pick up our new car when I saw this pretty girl wandering around, and when I put my hand out she came right up to me. She's the sweetest girl I've ever met. When I asked the people who's house we were at about her, the made a comment about using her as a shooting target and that she had been outside for weeks. She was so so skinny, so I scooped her up and brought her home with me! Once I got her fed and back to a healthy weight, I noticed that her nipples were very prominent and pink, and her belly was quite large and firm. So I came to the conclusion that she's pregnant! I've never had a pregnant cat before, so I came to TCS for guidance. I've done a lot of research and I feel a lot prepared and I'm definitely ready for these babies to come! 

I also have a 10 month old Springer Spaniel named Mozzie, who is Chevy's best friend in the whole world. We're one little happy family
:-)

Below are a few pictures of Chevy during some of his finest moments. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Rescuemum and welcome to TCS 

So glad you found us as there are such brilliant experienced members when it comes to mums and babies, as you've already found out.

I just love Chevy's look in that second photo... How could you not fall in love with that face?

catnamedpanda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the site!

I am glad you found the help you needed with your pregnant girl, and so glad you rescued her. Chevy is adorable, he has some lovely long whiskers!