Hello, I'm new here...

minnabird

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
...as is the little darling in my avatar, Raja. He's about eight weeks, I think, household kitten for me and my two roommates, and quite an oddball. My family owned cats all my life, but the cat I remember most was Angel, who lived until my freshman year of college (when, as our cat Eeyore once did, she wandered off, never to return - I expected it; she was getting on. Yes, she was indoor/outdoor - that's how my mom raised cats). Angel was rather a quiet and docile cat, beyond the tendency to turn and snap at you if you petted her for too long, so I'm completely unprepared for this one! Raja's very vocal - he mews a lot, and sometimes it's hard to tell when he's mewing for attention and when he's just mewing. He also makes these long rumbly noises - high-pitched seems to mean he's either startled or having crazy time; low pitched sounds more scared to me. He's very easily startled, often by nothing I can tell, so I hear these a lot. But he's not shy at all. In fact, he's hanging out with us and running around playing with everything all the time - though often he takes a claws-first philosophy to life. All in all, I haven't quite sussed him yet - but I'm having a blast with him.

Here, have a gif of him mewing:

maimerae

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi, I'm Remy's mom. He's almost 1.5 yrs old and looks like a Russian Blue, but he's not. He's a beautiful pewter grey shorthair with a thick downy undercoat and doesn't shed, He loves his various collars which we keep in a box. He likes to take them out one by one and inspect them. Very tall, very independent, very alpha male and very mischievous. I love the stuffin' outta him!