Hello! I'm A Cat Mom Of 3, Cat Lady Since Birth

mysugarcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, everyone! Since I was very young, I loved cats. I don't even know what triggered my cat obsession--I grew up having a dog! But ever since I could remember, I loved everything kitty. My love for cats eventually encouraged my parents to get a family cat and in turn made my family also love cats very much! This is why I firmly believe that the only people who hate cats are those who never had a real relationship with one.

So, what brings me to this forum? I stumbled across this forum while searching for cat health related tips mostly induced by the news of my 15-year-old cat having hyperthyroidism. Before my cat had his EKG, I was severely nervous, since my vet told me there was a possibility my cat had heart disease--HCM. I was even ready to quit my lucrative job to move back to my hometown (my cat stayed in my parents' home after I left home for my new job 2 years ago). My cat's life is priceless, and he needed me more than ever. But by some miracle the EKG results revealed that my cat's heart was healthy. The hyperthyroidism had not yet damaged any of his organs! And luckily, my cat is reacting well to his hyperthyroid medication (methimazole). He is back to normal and gaining the weight he recently lost caused by the disease.

You would think that all was well, now that my cat was healthy, but just beforethe EKG appointment I got word from my boyfriend that our 11-month-old kitten had a seizure. He currently is acting normal, but I am still scared, since we do not yet know what caused the seizure. It has been 5 days since the vet ran tests to discover what was wrong, and she has still not gotten back to us... Please pray for my kitten. We were so worried about my senior cat and would never have expected our healthy, hyper kitten to suddenly have a seizure.

So yeah, here I am, a fellow cat lover who hopes to mingle, help others, and even get some help herself!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! I am sorry to hear about your cat's health problems. You should be able to find a LOT of information here! You may also wish to post the above information in this forum:

Cat Health

Best of luck with your kitty!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! I'd love to see pictures of your kitties!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS mysugarcat mysugarcat :wave3:

Do browse around and check out the many good reads and informative forum threads and feel free to ask questions.

Do post photos of your kitties for us to see :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mysugarcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone! Thank you for the warm welcome. Unfortunately, my kitten has coronavirus, so right now, I'm in distress. He's had a seizure and intestinal problems, so I really hope he is not on the verge of getting FIP. If anyone has information or advice relating to coronavirus or FIP, please please let me know! Either post in my cat health thread or PM me.

Coronavirus And Fip

I also created another thread asking for advice on I-131 (Radioactive Iodine Therapy)
Hyperthyroidism -- Nervous Cat And Radioactive Iodine Therapy (i-131)