Hello from WV

cat247

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
​Hello - I am new to this site but not new at loving cats.  I got my first cat when she was 6 weeks old Gizmo a beautiful calico and then Thomas a classic orange stripped cat I rescued from the interstate during rush morning traffic.   I lost Gizmo at the age of 10 from kidney disease and Thomas at the ripe old age of 19. I have not had a cat for nearly 10 years when 2 babies showed up with their feral mom in May of this year.  Started feeding them and got to where I could pet them, they were happy to play and get brushed everyday.   Another feral mom had 3 more kittens and they soon joined my two. I feed them every morning, give them shelter and have taken steps to help them survive the winter months to come. Took 3 of them to be fixed when they were 6 months old and decided to keep the female after we fell in love with her. It has been a new experience with the feral compared to the babies we had from the beginning but we are taking our time and allowing Tippy to say when she is ready to expand her horizons.  She sleeps with me every night and wakes me up every morning with nose kisses and chatter.  Glad to find this site and learn more about feral cats and hearing from others who love their fur babies.  My nickname is Cat.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Cat and welcome to TCS :wavey:

So sorry to hear that your two beloved cats have crossed the bridge. I'm sure that they gave you lots of joy while they were around.
Glad that now you've made a comeback and started caring and housing the feral cats that appear at your doorstep. Happy to hear that all are settling in well :clap:
This is a terrific site. Lots of infos and interesting articles and of course not forgetting, there are lots of cats here too :lol3:
Do post your kitties photos for us to see ;)

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome fellow West Virginian! If you are close to Morgantown you can pm me and you can potentially help with our feral cat work if you are interested! Well really you can pm me anyway... I have contacts that work with ferals all over the state! So great that you are willing to help with these cats!

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome cat247 cat247 !:welcomesign: I am sorry to hear of your loss of dear Gizmo and Thomas.

Tippy sounds like a very dear girl. My girl is Speedy and she is a tortie point cat, my best friend. She also wakes me up like Tippy does. We look forward to seeing you on the site! All you are doing for the cats is awesome! :hellosmiley: