Hello from Uzbekistan

ldarro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!

My name is Eldar and I'm a painter  from Tashkent, Uzbekistan. I have a pretty 7 years old girl cat Ksyusha, here's her photo.

As you can see, she's fully white. And may be that's why she's deaf. But Ksyusha has a nice girl voice.

About a year ago I've been to Saint Petersbourg and visited the Hermitage Museum.

I heard before that there are Royal cats living there. I was so happy to be there and to see it all!

The point is that the State Hermitage Museum is former residence of Russian tsars in St. Petersburg known as the Winter palace. Since 1745 Empress Elisabeth ordered the best cats from entire Russia be brought hear to the Winter palace to rid it of rats. So court cats living there till nowadays guard the Hermitage treasures.

Take a look at them!

The Hermitage itself:

Nearby the Museum there's even the warning road sign for drivers, informing about cats, which is able to cross the road:

In the inner yard:

And the doors in the premises have special holes for cats:

Have a great day and hello again!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Ldarro,

Welcome to The Cat Site. Thanks for sharing all those beautiful pictures. I've seen a documentary on the St Petersburg Cats, so nice to see them being properly cared for.

I hear Uzbekistan is a beautiful country. My husband went there a few years ago and took lots of pictures, sorry I can't remember the name of the city he visited.

Ksyusha is very pretty. 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'd never heard of the St. Petersburg cats--how interesting!  And welcome to TCS.  Thanks for sharing the photos.