Hello from Tybalt and I!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to the site.  Tybalt is a very handsome kitty. And it's very cool that he chose you.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!  And, Darlin', if you are sappy, you're in good company here!  I think I can say without dissension that almost to a man and woman here, we're all sappy about our cats.  And proud of it, and even get sappy about each other's cats.  There's so much cat sap flowing around here, we should be making syrup!

Tybalt is a beautiful cat.  I especially adore that little white spot on his upper lip!  It gives his face such a quixotic look.  I'm a sucker for any little unusual thing where cats are concerned.  Come to think of it, that may explain my fascination with torties!  Their whole bodies are little unusual things!

Wow...we share a lot of interesting details.  I kept rats for years. I adored my ratties, and they taught me so much about the process of saying goodbye, and then opening oneself to love again, even with the knowledge of loss to come.  I miss my ratties so much.

My cat is Hekitty, named for the Greek goddess Hekate, or Hecate, if you prefer.  Literary and mythological names are a weakness of mine, as well.

OH...if you love to read, and to own books, and like me, your income is quite modest (mine isn't even modest, it's completely shy!), and you haven't found it yet, try thriftbooks.com.  The used books in what they call "acceptible" condition are in what I'd call "good," they ship orders over $10 free, and for every $50 you spend, you get a coupon for $5 off.  Maybe that will help feed your book worm!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mommawolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!  And, Darlin', if you are sappy, you're in good company here!  I think I can say without dissension that almost to a man and woman here, we're all sappy about our cats.  And proud of it, and even get sappy about each other's cats.  There's so much cat sap flowing around here, we should be making syrup!

Tybalt is a beautiful cat.  I especially adore that little white spot on his upper lip!  It gives his face such a quixotic look.  I'm a sucker for any little unusual thing where cats are concerned.  Come to think of it, that may explain my fascination with torties!  Their whole bodies are little unusual things!

Wow...we share a lot of interesting details.  I kept rats for years. I adored my ratties, and they taught me so much about the process of saying goodbye, and then opening oneself to love again, even with the knowledge of loss to come.  I miss my ratties so much.

My cat is Hekitty, named for the Greek goddess Hekate, or Hecate, if you prefer.  Literary and mythological names are a weakness of mine, as well.

OH...if you love to read, and to own books, and like me, your income is quite modest (mine isn't even modest, it's completely shy!), and you haven't found it yet, try thriftbooks.com.  The used books in what they call "acceptible" condition are in what I'd call "good," they ship orders over $10 free, and for every $50 you spend, you get a coupon for $5 off.  Maybe that will help feed your book worm!
Tybalt was almost named Nuada, after the Celtic cat-eyed god of healing, but Tybalt just fit him better. That, and I had an excuse to call him the Prince of Cats (like I needed one!). I'm a sucker for mythological and theological names too!

I will certainly check that site out! A couple of years back, I had to sell a lot of my books because I just didn't have a place for them in between moves. Thankfully, my brother adopted a lot of them, but I'm afraid he may not want to give them back! There were a lot of fantasy novels in first publication, like the Deathdealer series, and the Sword of Truth series, and though it wasn't a first publication, I has very old copies of the Lord of the Rings series with Tolkien's drawings on the covers. Yeah... I'm not getting those back from my brother. Haha!