Hello from Thor and Soft

rightmeow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey guys, just joined. 

I have two cats, this is my first one. She is about 14-15 years old and her name is Soft. She doesn't really show her age, you can tell shes not young and spry but she definitely doesn't act her age. Shes a little shy with strangers but is really lovey with people she knows. This is her doing her favorite thing ever, sleeping in a drawer. Since she is my old gal I like to give her all the things she pleases, such as getting cat hair all over my clothes.

This is the second. His name is Thor and I have absolutely no idea how old he is. The story on him is, at the time I got him I lived in an area with very limited neighbors, lots of woods in every direction. One day he was sort of just...there. I looked for owners for a long, long while with no such luck. He didn't have a chip and no one recognized him. I think he was just dumped in my neighborhood honestly and went to the first house he saw. That was about 4-5 years ago and when I first got him, I thought he was a female, he is super fluffy and is neutered and I suppose I am just not the best at sexing cats. I told the vet he was a girl and they had no reason to check otherwise, so that went on for about a year. Even when I thought he was female his name was Thor because I was fond of the "boy names for girls" thing. Well, then the following Christmas "she" was under the Christmas tree grooming "herself" and what do you know, definitely not a female. Now Thor just fits him better I suppose, but for the sake of the same effect of opposite sex names his nickname is Tina and that is basically all I call him.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

Soft and Thor are gorgous!  If Soft is anything like my 2; if the drawer was empty they wouldn't want to be in it!

I'm still trying to guess the gender of a cat that visits my yard daily for several months now.  He/She belongs to the neighbors but their house is set back so I never get to talk to them.  Poppy (what my DD and I call him/her) comes to watch the birds and some days spends more time here than not.  But I still haven't had a clear look at the business end since he/she darts when we come outside.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not sure if this is the correct term, but those bi-colored eyes are incredible.  Welcome to TCS! 

Last edited:

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there welcome Along to tcs!:)

If you have any questions about the site please just pm me and I will be happy to help

Gorgeous cats :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rightmeow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah hes blind on that side, and also deaf as a post in that ear. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rightmeow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like I only made two posts here and vanished, woops!

Turns out my Thor cat is actually perfectly able to see out of the blue eye, but the vet confirmed earlier this year it is in fact, the brown one he has limited sight in. We (the vet and I) still suspect he can't hear of of the right ear though, no actual tests besides making noises on each side of his head and evaluating his responses and my observations of him at home listening with his left side much more than the right.

Oh well, hes a darn good cat even if he only half functions ;)