Hello from The Ponds!!!

theponds

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Greetings to Everyone! I recently found TCS when I was trying to find answers about my new kittens. I'm a second time cat mom, I lost my heart kitty, Mouse, in August at 13 to sudden end stage heart failure. I didn't think my heart could take that loss again, but my world was too empty and my dog was desperately missed her kitty. We added Rory Williams to our family in October. A coworker and her daughter just happened to spot this incredibly small kitten on the side of a very busy road. The vet estimates that he had been out there a week or more and he was only 9 weeks old when they found him, the pink collar that was so tight we almost had to cut it off indicated someone tossed him out, and I loved him at first sight.
As he recovered and gained weight it became apparent to me that we needed an Amy (not sure how many Doctor Who fans are on here) and that he was lonely without a companion. He was very interested through the window at my sister's cats, but the sentiment wasn't shared by them. Another co worker had taken in a litter of four kittens and in that group was our Amelia Pond. Raising two kittens has been more challenging then I had planned though and we have had to battle a lot of illness. So I am really relieved to have found the site and maybe find the answers to help my kittens. I want to do the absolute best that I can for these kittens and hopefully have more then 13 years with these two.
Rory Williams
Amelia Pond
Do you guys have insight as to their technical color descriptions? My vet and I were talking about it while waiting for test results and other then tabby we didn't get very far.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
WELCOME TO TCS. I AM A NEW DR. WHO FAN. MY DAUGHTER GOT ME HOOKED, SO I HAD TO GO BACK AND READ ABOUT THE PONDS.

I WILL DEFINATELY HAVE TO GET THAT YEARS SERIES AND WATCH THEM. YOUR CATS ARE BEAUTIFUL.

I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS AND KNOW THAT I UNDERSTAND THE LONELY FEELING AND NEEDING TO HAVE THAT EMPTY SPOT FILLED.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theponds

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the kind words. I still miss her every day, but kittens are a little bit of magic to keep a person going. Amelia is a month older then Rory, but the gap is closing, especially now that they are almost better (hopefully) and they are gaining weight now. Their Who inspired collars
Rory in his Tardis blue inspired fish
Amelia in her...well bow ties are cool lol!!

And how much they've grown since coming home

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
​ Welcome to TCS!

Your babies are beautiful. 

Sorry, I am a little bit late welcoming you.

theponds

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much!!! They are really a joy. I am really glad I found TCS, love to show pictures of the kids of course, but its been a great resource. I am trying really hard to be a great cat parent and it's really nice to find so many people who are doing it so well already.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much!!! They are really a joy. I am really glad I found TCS, love to show pictures of the kids of course, but its been a great resource. I am trying really hard to be a great cat parent and it's really nice to find so many people who are doing it so well already.
Your very welcome :-)

Me too, I am so glad I found this cat site. I am fairly new here too and I like welcoming because I was welcomed before too

It feels great when someone welcome you, isn't it? Now...I am giving it back :-)

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!  Love your kitties; they are adorable! (Belly spots!!!)

theponds

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!  Love your kitties; they are adorable! (Belly spots!!!)
Thank you!! I have never had a cat Amelia's color or markings and it seems like she changes every day. I hope the belly spots stay!!