Hello from Owleeii, Lint and Little Miss Yet to be Named

owleeii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello all!

I am from fairfield CA and I now have 2 kittens.

My first is a male Lynx Point Siamese name Lint, quite a story on that name, he is about 5 months old was a PetCo adoption. He is a wonderful loving cat and is the one pictured in my avatar.

The second I got yesterday, Little Miss Yet to be Named (LMYN). She is in a bit of a situation I suppose. Hubby said we could get a second kitty so i started browsing the local trading site, similar to craigslist, where I found her up for free. She is an all black 9wk old kitten who has had one flea treatment. That is what I knew going to get her. Once I arrived I found that the living conditions were less that ideal and one look at her I could tell she wouldn't last long in her current situation, She was very dehydrated, she had a very sunken leathery appearance, she is quite thin, her claws were over grown to the point they couldn't be fully retracted, her fur is thin, dry and coarse. Despite all of these things she is a gentle and loving cat. I couldn't leave her there so I decided to take her home and give her a chance. Upon arrival home she had her claws trimmed (which she tolerated very well), a flea bath (with Dawn soap), her first round of vaccines, and a nice warm mix of Blue Buffalo wet and dry kitten food and fresh clean water. She tolerated and almost seemed to enjoy the bath, I only saw about 8-10 adult fleas on her and they all were dead, I am keeping my eyes peeled for more but I was told she has had been given a dose of Advantage 6 days ago. She is eating, drinking and using the box very well and independently.  She is doing well and isn't showing any signs of aggression or poor behavior. I am looking forward to her full recovery :)

NOW FOR THE PICTURES!!

Here is LMYN

And here is Lint

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw the poor wee thing, l'm so glad you took her out of her bad situation.

She's a cutie, and will likely end up a glossy mini-panther (called Lemon, from LMYN
)

Your lynx point is beautiful, l hope the two of them get along well.

lt's nice to meet you and your clan, welcome to the site.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

owleeii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the welcome! It's quite funny that you mention calling her Lemon because I was just joking about that with my hubby,
There has been some hissing and a bit of swiping but nothing violent. Lint is kind a big weenie and when he goes to check her out and she moves I guess it scares him and he hisses and runs away. He follows her around and is very curious about what she is up to. All of his behavior has been a defensive posture and hasn't been violent so I am not concerned in that regard. He is finally showing some genuine interest in her and trying to be close to her but she is starting to be a bit hissy at him and he goes away. Other than that he is sulky lol

I have high hopes for them getting along, it is just a matter of time :)

owleeii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well just found a hook worm on Lmyn's bum, so we will be making a trip to the vet tomorrow for her and probably take Lint to be safe as well. Also make an appointment to get her spayed.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
So good of you to take in this poor little kitty.  They are both adorable!

owleeii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!
She has an appointment at 3:20 today for worming and a checkup. Any recommendations on what to have the vet look for?

owleeii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Vet visit went well! She was wormed, given a once over. No sign of fleas or ear mites and tested negative for leukemia and AIDS :)
Vet said she is likely closer to 7 was old. Also her and Lint are starting to get along. They play together, I've seen them share a water bowl and they both slept in the bed last night :)