Hello from Ohio!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by siameseohio

Thank you for the welcome.

Wow! I was facinated while looking at your exotic animals on your site. They are stunning. It must be so neat having them in your home.

Glad to hear from another Ohioan.
Thank you so much
Having these cats in my life, as well as our domestics, is something I am thankful for every day. Because one day and it could be soon, I may loose my right to live with them. Living with exotic cats for me, is a true gift from God. I can not tell you how it feels to hug a big loving purring cougar or to have him hug me and groom my head and to be woken up at 4am by bobcat chatter (or one peeing on your leg to wake you up to feed them, when you TRY to sleep in
) I love ALL cats, whether domestic or exotic, but our cougar and bobcats have that very special place in my life, that I can not live without

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John, do you think someone is going to come along and tell you you have to get rid of the big catss????

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

John, do you think someone is going to come along and tell you you have to get rid of the big catss????
No, not exactly. There have been a few bills that we believe will be introduced into the state, that may regulate or even ban owenrship. We are on top of this, but you just never know how these things will go. The AR (Animal Rights) people keep pushing for these darn laws. We will fight long and hard, Ohio has many exotic animal owners and we are strong. But still, whenever I hear of these bills, it makes me sick and so does PETA and all the other AR groups out there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey Kittylover4ever,

Nice to meet you. This is cool to see the representation from OHIO!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hey Kittylover4ever,

Nice to meet you. This is cool to see the representation from OHIO!!
Please, call me Susie.......yes, we seem to have alot of Ohioians here!

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

Thank you so much
I can not tell you how it feels to hug a big loving purring cougar or to have him hug me and groom my head and to be woken up at 4am by bobcat chatter (or one peeing on your leg to wake you up to feed them, when you TRY to sleep in
)
Hello AmberThe Bobcat,

I pray that you are allowed to keep your animals. It is obvious that you love your animals a great deal. I had to laugh out loud about the peeing thing.
I was appreciating some of the similarities that must exist in having domestics and exotics, so that one threw me.

It sounds as though your animals are as blessed to have you, as you are honored to have them. I don't know if this site is the proper forum, but I hope you are able to keep us abreast if there is legislation that could threaten taking your BIG babies from you. Your family (human and cat) are in my prayers.

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello Cletus's mom,

Nice to meet you. I live on the eastside of Columbus. Actually one block east of Bexley, OH. I really like this city. Columbus has been a wonderful place for me and my family. I've lived other places such as Pittsburgh, PA and Richmond, VA, but I've ended back up here.

I could be wrong but I think some years ago I was in Mt. Vernon to go canoeing. I just love Ohio because there are so many wonderful places to go fishing, boating, and camping. I'm also meeting some really nice cat people here as well.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hello AmberThe Bobcat,

I pray that you are allowed to keep your animals. It is obvious that you love your animals a great deal. I had to laugh out loud about the peeing thing.
I was appreciating some of the similarities that must exist in having domestics and exotics, so that one threw me.

It sounds as though your animals are as blessed to have you, as you are honored to have them. I don't know if this site is the proper forum, but I hope you are able to keep us abreast if there is legislation that could threaten taking your BIG babies from you. Your family (human and cat) are in my prayers.
Well, if anything did go through, I would be able to keep them, because most of the time they allow a grandfather clause to current owners. However, I would not be allowed to get any more, if there was a ban. So far, we are not seeing any ban bills and this is a good thing. Most are regulations, but some have such strict rules, such as bond and liabilty insurance, that it is almost a ban, because this insurance can not be obtained in Ohio. I do support fair regulations that help support responsible ownership, support my RIGHT to live with these cats, as well as protecting the public. I do not support however, any bans or unfair regulations. If you want to see more about my exotics, go here http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76630 Here I will update everyone on any legislation and what you can do even if you do not live in Ohio.

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
AmberThe Bobcat,

That is encouraging to hear about the grandfather clause. And thank you for the education and thread link. Prior to this, I wasn't aware that people in this State had these beautiful animals in their homes. My 4 year old was facinated looking at the pictures with me this morning.