Hello From LmFURRYfriends

lmfurryfriends

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
    Hello My name means love my furry friends as I have always loved all four legged animals. Thanks to my husband we keep the numbers to what we can handle at any given stage in our lives. 

At the moment we have three cats the max for us . Olivia is 13 and was born hear so she only knows us. she is the alpha. she took 6 years to let us even really have much contact with us she acted much like a feral cat if we had got  her any other way i would have thought so. We had another cat that died last Dec. that was born 5 months before her and she would attack him coming out of the litter box often. I have never figured out how to deal with her dominating behavior . when her brother died we were not going to get any more cats I was going to get me a therapy dog.Except she got so depressed and we had some cats living under our porch. My daughter made friends with them the male first and brought him in the house . We got him fixed and Olivia started to sleep with him. My daughter named him Benny(Samuel Benedict ) or as I am inclined to call him Benedict Arnald. We had him for six weeks to the day when my daughter (HS) was able to get the cat to come to her so we brought her in. Benny excepted her right away it was a little tricky keeping the new cat in the room and yet giving Benny his freedom. The new cat is a female probably same age as benny one year . Her name is Nala she is white with silver on her face she is a great cat to study with.

Olivia has taken it upon herself to make Nala's  life as miserable as possible. All Nala wants to do is lay with you,eat,play a little if I use an interactive toy. and Olivia has a problem with that. yet all Olivia wanted before was attention when my husband and I crawl in bed at night,When we have food and maybe once and a while other than that. We made sure she still got that and more if wanted. Nala is my daughters cat so she doesn't sleep in our bed at night,Benny has started to she has started to stay upstairs at night ,she use to go down to the living room after she had said good night to us. 

Hopefully with help we will make all three cats happy together. Than I will be up setting the apple cart when i and my Dog not sure if it should be a boy or girl.  I want a girl yet with Olivia maybe it would be better to be a girl.

I am disabled from cancer it is in remission but the chemo did its number on me and than so many other things i have pain all over most of my body and extremities,Weaknesses,fatigue,Problem getting out what i am thinking just to name a few

I am Married to a wonderful man Steve he works with people with disabilities , than gets stuck with all my issues.we were married for 14 years before the cancer. and very active even before we got married .

Than our daughter she is now 18 and attending college from home the only way to afford it. She Also is an animal lover.          

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lmfurryfriends

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In regards to the thread about introducing them I saw some if that earlier but I had all ready mixed up. We have always used our daughters room for temporary animals. When we brought Benny in the house he stayed in the room for the first 8 days than we took him to be fixed so we thought but it was not till the next week. well any way Olivia saw him leave and come back and was at the door so i opened it and Benny came out and that was that. with in 3 more weeks Olivia would lay next to him on my bed and let Benny put his paw on her and before he had been in the house for 6 weeks she was putting her paws on him. she has never done that even with her brother of 12 years,only maybe her mom.

At 6 weeks to the day Nala moved in I was sick and Benny excepted her right away so no one thought to put her in our daughters room. So it has been a double whammy a new girl who Benny likes and she does not know. Plus we just let her be all over the house.

Nalla was very shy to begin with then one day we came home and she had taken over, we made the BIG mistake of getting after her when she would go after Olivia. We probably should have left it alone. all she was doing was growling and hissing. looking back on it even the next day we knew we were wrong. unfortunately it will take a lot of time to make that up. The good news is in my room Olivia behaves Nala even stays in there when I am gone. In my room and our up stairs livingroom(which is a small room between our room and our daughters room) Nalla stands up for her self yet in our doughters room or just out side it she does not .I do not get it . But then again some times Olivia and Benny seem to be good together and the next min. she is after him.