Hello from Georgie

georgie6porgie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello from the Pine Barrens of NJ.

I am a horse - dog - cat person. 

I love forums.   I moderate on a horse forum and have for a long time.  I respect all mods for other sites and know that it's a devoted job.  I enjoy providing experience to people who need it and I rely on help from others who may have experience managing something that is new for me -- like congestive heart failure in horses, understanding the German Shepherds, and now FIV.  I know that forums are no substitute for veterinary guidance.

To make a long story short.   My last adopted stray tested positive for FIV when I took him to get neutered yesterday.  I worked for a small animal vet DECADES ago when there were few-to-no-management options.  I'm hoping to tap into resources here as well as other places for help to manage him to the best of my financial ability.  I will post Stinky's full story later. 

Thank you in advance. 

Georgie

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!  
   You will fit right in with your experience and animals.  I'm really sorry to hear about Stinky - there are a lot of members with FIV+ cats who will be glad to help you if you have any questions.  This really is a very friendly forum and a terrific resource so I hope we see lots of you in the forums.  And speaking of seeing....do you have any pictures of Stinky?  We can never see too many cat photos around here.  And post photos of your other animals, as well.  There are horse and dog people here, too!  

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to TCS.  
  Please do post Stinky's story.  As Margd says, there are a lot of people here who deal with FIV cats.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

georgie6porgie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am having trouble uploading a pic. I'll keep trying. Thank you for the welcome and support!:wavey:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
The image and video tutorial should help.  
[article="24985"]Image And Video Tutorial  [/article]
Looking forward to seeing this sweet boy's photo!