Hello From France !

CapsuleKid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everybody !

You can call me Capsule, or Cap (or Cappy... ? Caps... ? Cappycaps... ? Anyway just suit yourself lol). I'm 22yo and I come from France. Recently, our beloved little dog passed away. He was 16 and he was the best pet ever. We all miss him so so much everyday. Our house feels so empty and dull now... Having a new dog still sounds too hard for us and would remind us of our sweet old friend too much.
My mother came across Ragdoll cats (we never had any cat before) and we are all pretty excited about them. They sound like "puppy cats" a little, but we still aren't too sure if we should get one. I thought this forum could help us decide whether or not we could be a good cat family thanks to all of your experiences and advice. I will post a new thread soon with a bunch of questions so stay tuned ;)

Until next time, bye bye !

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IMG_3317.GIF
Cappy, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3137.GIF

Glad that you've joined the site and so sorry to hear about your doggy :alright:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have for you here Articles | The Cat Site

It's good that you are doing your homework first before getting a cat. Once you've gotten one, do post photos of them here. We love to see them.

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CapsuleKid CapsuleKid Welcome Cappycapsycoocoo (you said we could use anything)

"I thought this forum could help us decide whether or not we could be a good cat family thanks to all of your experiences and advice."
These words tell me you will be a good cat family and welcome to all the furballs and their human slaves on the site. Post lots of pics.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CapsuleKid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you to all of you :)
Tabbytom, thank you, I do really miss my sweet doggy :( I already read some of the articles, they are very helpful !
Mightyboosh, love the new nickname ;)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: And condolences on the loss of your dog. Sixteen years is a long time, but it's never easy saying goodbye. RIP little guy. :angel:

Cats are definitely different than dogs, but they still make wonderful pets and companions. Maybe you could try going to some shelters just to see the different cats and and get a feel for them. Good luck. :)

CapsuleKid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Mightyboosh : I'm so sorry, let's hope our doggies are playing together where they are now :hugs:

Rubysmama : thank you :) yes, it's never easy, specially because we got him when I was only 6. We grew up together and I'll never forget him :angel:
My best friend is a farmer and got 20 to 30 cats on her farm. I've known her for like 10 years and whenever I visit her, I'm drowning in cats lol I know I love them :lovecat:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site, CapsuleKid! :dazzler:

If you get a cat, I suspect you might fall in love with cats as the people on this website have done. On the other hand, dogs are great, too! Whatever you do, it sounds like you love animals and will find happiness with whatever you choose! :redheartpump:

CapsuleKid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you boris diamond :) oh yes you got that right, I love animals, all of them :lovecat3: I sure hope I will find a new furry friend and that we will be happy together !

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome! I'm so happy that you found us, and that you are thinking of bringing a cat into your home! Feel free to look through the articles, and to start a thread if you have a specific question that you don't find an answer for. That's why we're here.

I am so sorry that you lost your dog. I was about your age when I lost Kimberly Anne, my doggy-sister, my love and my shadow for 14 blessed years. I miss her to this day. But since then, I have loved again, both canines and felines (and rats, to be honest about it). I have treasured each moment with each of them. May you find just the right kitty to bring into your family!

CapsuleKid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you :)
So sorry about your doggy too :alright: my dog was also just like a little brother to me and I'm sure a part of me will never stop missing him :( but I want to love again just like you ! Tomorrow we will go meet some kittens, I'm pretty excited :)
Btw rats are awesome ;)

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS, Mr. C, aka Cappy. :wave3: I can sincerely empathize with you since our dog passed away at 16 too. We were completely bonded to him and still miss his presence. But we have always had a cat or two in the house and it really helped us when we were going through the grieving process. I'm excited with the prospect of you getting a new furry friend and you have definitely come to the right place for advice and questions. I look forward to hearing more news from you soon. :bluepaw:

CapsuleKid

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you :D
I see, losing a doggy friend you had for 16 years is never easy :frown: it's good you had your cats with you at that time though ! I still have a guinea pig and a dove so they help me to cheer up :)