Hello From Evie

overtonj

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi.

This is our new kitten Evie

She is a lovely little kitten. Now 9 weeks of age. She is very friendly and never aggressive. But we do get scratched whilst playing.

One question I have is she always has the claw half way down her leg out on both feet even when other claws are retracted. Any ideas on this?

Thanks

ms waise

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello there, I'm not sure about the claws. But I just wanted to comment on what a cutie you have on your hands. :)

alainasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
 to TCS! Evie is a beautiful kitten - she already looks like she has that "regal" streak in her.

A pic of the spot you are talking about would be appreciated. Are you talking about the carpal pad? It's the claw-like "knob" halfway down the rear of a cat's leg. It serves as an "anti-skid" insurance policy for any crash landings as they race around at full speed (especially the kittens). 
 It will always be there no matter what. 

Looking forward to seeing more pictures and hearing about your beautiful girl. If you need to you can always post a separate thread addressing any and all of your concerns. 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Hello there and welcome to TCS.
  I'm not sure about your claw question either--you could post your question in the health forum to see if anyone can help you.